Teh Grand Discovery of Polish Scientists

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Teh Grand Discovery of Polish Scientists

is that potato chips are very unhealthy.

not only because of the fat and salt, but also because of acrylamid, which is toxic and causes cancer.
    It introduces pernament inflammation in the organism, which leads to Atherosclerosis and Ischaemic heart disease

Acrylamid is present in cosmetics; water; and in cigarettes.

Acrylamid is present in corn flakes and crunchy bread (?).

bla bla bla

I like chips
    "I realise I hold the key to freedom,
    I cannot let my life be ruled by threads" The Web Frogs
    Middle East!

I like teh kettle chips
    "

Comment

site doesn't want to load. just tell me what I'm not supposed to eat and be on with it.

Comment

It's in Polish anyway so we wouldn't understand.
        "An archaeologist is the best husband a women can have; the older she gets, the more interested he is in her." - Agatha Christie
        "Non mortem timemus, sed cogitationem mortis." - Seneca

Comment

Polish scientists? Do they specialize in shoe polish or nail polish?

Comment

Originally posted by Heresson View Post
            is that potato chips are very unhealthy.

not only because of the fat and salt, but also because of acrylamid, which is toxic and causes cancer.
            It introduces pernament inflammation in the organism, which leads to Atherosclerosis and Ischaemic heart disease

Acrylamid is present in cosmetics; water; and in cigarettes.

Acrylamid is present in corn flakes and crunchy bread (?).

bla bla bla

I like chips

THis find will make it into Civ 5 as a wonder or something
            Blah

Comment

I would have thought that the grand discovery of Polish scientists is that there >>are<< Polish scientists.
              Last edited by Lancer; February 19, 2009, 05:59.
              Long time member @ Apolyton
              Civilization player since the dawn of time

Comment

Originally posted by Riesstiu IV View Post
                Polish scientists? Do they specialize in shoe polish or nail polish?

Comment

Their grand discovery is wikipedia: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Acrylamide

Acrylamide was accidentally discovered in foods in April 2002 by scientists in Sweden when they found large amounts of the chemical in starchy foods, such as potato chips, French fries and bread that had been heated (production of acrylamide in the heating process was shown to be temperature-dependent).
                  The enemy cannot push a button if you disable his hand.

Comment

French Fries are evil of course.
                    Freedom Fries are much better.
                    And indeed there will be time To wonder, "Do I dare?" and, "Do I dare?". t s eliot

Comment

Originally posted by Combat Ingrid View Post
                      What's better is that a later study actually showed Acrylamide *reduced* bowel cancer risk by a significant portion; and in any event, the "no adverse effect observed level" (ie, 'safe' level) is something like 13kg of french fries/chips for a 40kg child. If you're eating >13kg of french fries at 40kg body mass, you more than likely have much more severe problems than cancer or infertility...
                      <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
                      I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

Didn't mention cancer or fertility issues. Got something on your mind, Snoop? Did mention increased risk of various forms of heart disease as a tradeoff for a lessened risk of intestinal cancer. Wonder if we are all going to face such choices more and more?
                        No matter where you go, there you are. - Buckaroo Banzai
                        "I played it [Civilization] for three months and then realised I hadn't done any work. In the end, I had to delete all the saved files and smash the CD." Iain Banks, author

Comment

Everyone knows the authentic good French fries are Belgian instead of those awful French frenched fries
                          "An archaeologist is the best husband a women can have; the older she gets, the more interested he is in her." - Agatha Christie
                          "Non mortem timemus, sed cogitationem mortis." - Seneca

Comment

Originally posted by Combat Ingrid View Post
                            their discovery was not that there is acrylamide in potato chips, but that it causes heart problems.
                            "I realise I hold the key to freedom,
                            I cannot let my life be ruled by threads" The Web Frogs
                            Middle East!

Comment

BBC, News, BBC News, news online, world, uk, international, foreign, british, online, service

Comment

Working...
                              X