Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I'm not ordering Domino's pizza anymore.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

a 20 minute Dis-Double post™

i, sir, am impressed.
    Order of the Fly
    Those that cannot curse, cannot heal.

Comment

poly is so slow sometimes. I hit submit, it takes a while. i wait some, takes more time. I then decide to go to allakhazam and read and post there. I come back 20 mins later, I see an error message, I figure I better hit submit one more time just to make sure it goes through.

Comment

Originally posted by Darius871 View Post
        But seriously, even as a customer I've been able to jerry-rig a decent Dom's pie with practice. Specifically, you just need to 1) order thin or deep crust (preferably thin), 2) order double sauce, 3) order well done, 4) order a ranch cup, 5) paper-towel off the puddle of added-butter grease on top of the cheese, 6) sprinkle varying amounts of store-bought granulated garlic powder, onion powder, italian seasoning mix (or at least oregano), crushed red peppers, and parmesan on top, 7) press the seasoning into the cheese with the paper towel, and 8) nuke up a half-cup of store-bought pizza sauce to dip crust pieces (or unusually dry bubble pieces).

Sure it takes an extra 3 minutes of work, but it'll save several bucks compared to even local outfits, at least around here.
        Or you could just order from a decent pizza place and skip all that extra work.
        Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Dis,

i would open a different browser window (or a different browser) and check the OTF page and see if your post shows that way.

Also i usually always Copy my posts to clipboard before posting, if error i would paste it to notepad and save it for later if it is a long post.
          Order of the Fly
          Those that cannot curse, cannot heal.

Comment

Originally posted by Oerdin View Post
            Like I said, that's more expensive. 3 minutes of work on my part (actually more like 30 seconds on a good day) is worth $3 savings as far as I'm concerned.

In all seriousness though, I still only get Dom's maybe 1 out of every 10 times I grab a za. It's probably more for nostalgia's sake than anything else.

[Insert token 48" pizza reference here]
            Unbelievable!

Comment

Just locate and marry a 70 year old Italian woman and stop worrying altogether.

Comment

Yeah, and she'll be able to keep the flies off the food by not wearing any underwear.
                "lol internet" ~ AAHZ

Comment

Originally posted by Oerdin View Post
                  As a transplant from New Jersey to the middle of the country, I can safely say...

There are NO decent pizza places in the middle of the country.
                  No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

Originally posted by MrFun View Post
                    You think Papa John's is worse than Domino's??

I like Papa John's better than Domino's.
                    The "crust" is spongy, the sauce is forgettable, and the cheese is mealy. I've had it in two different cities and I've always hated it. I just don't get why anyone can stand the stuff.
                    Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

Originally posted by The Mad Monk View Post
                      As a transplant from New Jersey to the middle of the country, I can safely say...

Sure there are, just not in your part of the middle of the country.
                      Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

Originally posted by chequita guevara View Post
                        The "crust" is spongy, the sauce is forgettable, and the cheese is mealy. I've had it in two different cities and I've always hated it. I just don't get why anyone can stand the stuff.
                        Well, I still like Papa John's no matter what you say.

But that doesn't mean I think it's the BEST pizza out there. I want to try a locally-owned pizzeria that makes GOOD pizza that is able to deliver out to where I live in Silver Spring.
                        A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

Originally posted by The Mad Monk View Post

bah, no one wants to eat cardboard. Which is what NY/NJ pizzas are.

Comment

Originally posted by Alinestra Covelia View Post
                            Yeah, and she'll be able to keep the flies off the food by not wearing any underwear.
                            Thanks a lot, that image just made me vomit my dolled-up Dom's pie.
                            Unbelievable!

Comment

Working...
                            X