Books, Games, etc.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Books, Games, etc.

Hey guys...you might remember I finally finished a trio of books that took just over 4 years of my life (book I's freely available at the candlebre.com website, in a variety of formats)

If you're interested. Just click on the "eVersion" and there you go.

But see...the books were only a part of what we're trying to do...there's a computer game in the works too, that's slowly being born out of it. We've been working on our little project for right at seven years now, and it's had its share of setbacks (including a number of deaths, and a pair of heart attacks. ). But hey...we're still here, and finally getting close.

Our code savior is adding in the graphics and making it pretty (graphics by Hex, btw, who is a fantabulous artist), so...we're getting close to a public release.

Anyway, if you're curious to read about what we're trying to do, head over the the Candle'Bre forums. We've...no I have been less than diligent about making updates, but there's suddenly lots to report on, so I suspect that the updates will be coming at a fairly regular clip now.

So thanks for the look, and I'll return back to my cave in the CB forums.

-=Vel=-
    (I miss posting, both here and in the Civ IV forums...maybe once we get a release, I'll be able to get back to that. Hope so!)
    The list of published books grows. If you're curious to see what sort of stories I weave out, head to Amazon.com and do an author search for "Christopher Hartpence." Help support Candle'Bre, a game created by gamers FOR gamers. All proceeds from my published works go directly to the project.

Nice to hear it's getting close, Vel. I'm looking forward to reading more of your stuff.
    Last edited by Donegeal; February 9, 2009, 13:15. Reason: spelling
    Founder of The Glory of War, CHAMPIONS OF APOLYTON!!!
    1992-Perot , 1996-Perot , 2000-Bush , 2004-Bush :|, 2008-Obama :|, 2012-Obama , 2016-Clinton , 2020-Biden

Comment

Yes, good that progress is real. We do miss you here.
      No matter where you go, there you are. - Buckaroo Banzai
      "I played it [Civilization] for three months and then realised I hadn't done any work. In the end, I had to delete all the saved files and smash the CD." Iain Banks, author

Comment

Working...
      X