Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is it possible to be too confident?

just askin'

I range from no confidence to too confident. I seem to have no in between. I'm one arrogant *****, I know.

but it's a question along similar lines as is it possible to be too pretty?

No.
    "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
    Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Yes. Humility is a virtue. But the fact that you realize that you are arrogant and are concious about it, makes the question if you can be too confident a valid one. As long as you question yourself like that, i think you wont - at least not more than the contemporary morale low-point of society would require you to, anyways.

Comment

um....well er...that is I...I...uhh...I don't know.

Sir.

Maybe?

-=Vel=-
        The list of published books grows. If you're curious to see what sort of stories I weave out, head to Amazon.com and do an author search for "Christopher Hartpence." Help support Candle'Bre, a game created by gamers FOR gamers. All proceeds from my published works go directly to the project.

Comment

If you have to ask, you're not confident enough to be given the answer.
          We need seperate human-only games for MP/PBEM that dont include the over-simplifications required to have a good AI
          If any man be thirsty, let him come unto me and drink. Vampire 7:37
          Just one old soldiers opinion. E Tenebris Lux. Pax quaeritur bello.

Comment

Arrogance isn't over confidence, it's just being a jerk while confident.

And, yes, you can be over confident. It's generally a result of a lack of self-awareness, and realized only after it's too late.
            Monkey!!!

Comment

Be aware of the strengths of your short- and long-term opponents. You are over confident if you dismiss your opponents or believe you don't have any. Only the dead compete with no one.
              No matter where you go, there you are. - Buckaroo Banzai
              "I played it [Civilization] for three months and then realised I hadn't done any work. In the end, I had to delete all the saved files and smash the CD." Iain Banks, author

Comment

Is it possible to be too confident?

Sometimes. (Painting of Custer's last stand)

Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

McCain was confident that he would win the election.

nuff said
                  A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

No. McCain was just *projecting* confidence. He knew what was happening.
                    Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                    RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

George W. Bush

nuff said
                      Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

To some extent, it depends on what you are being confident about.

In general, though, I'd say that there's no such thing as having too much confidence. Arrogance can be a different story, and confidence turns into arrogance when you become either a confident braggart or a confident person who can't produce results.

Overall, though, exuding confidence is one of the best ways to get what you want.
                        Follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/DaveDaDouche
                        Read my seldom updated blog where I talk to myself: http://davedadouche.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by -Jrabbit View Post
                          No. McCain was just *projecting* confidence. He knew what was happening.
                          Are you confident in making this statement or are you merely projecting confidence?
                          A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

I'm a pretty confident person, but in this case it oesn't matter, because I am knowledgeable and correct in making that statement.

In a text-only medium, veracity trumps confidence. But you're a history guy; clearly you know that.
                            Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                            RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

Originally posted by Blaupanzer View Post
                              Be aware of the strengths of your short- and long-term opponents. You are over confident if you dismiss your opponents or believe you don't have any. Only the dead compete with no one in capitalism.
                              fixed.

Comment

Working...
                              X