• Show
Clear All

• Grammy Thread

- Jay-Z sucks
    - Coldplay is having a good night
    - Jonas Brothers suck, shame on Stevie
    - Rap sucks so bad
    - Carrie Underwood has a smokin' hot guitarist
    "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
    Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Sir Paul
    “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
    - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

I was VERY pleased to see the Allison Krauss/Robert Plant project beat out Coldplay for Record of the Year.

Dave Grohl looked like he was having a blast playing drums again, backing Sir Paul -- who can still hit the high notes.

Stevie is the bomb, always will be. First time I ever saw Jonas Bros.

WTF was that MIA+4 rappers disaster/debacle?????

I'm willing to bet that the performance of "I Kissed A Girl" was sung to track/lip-synched, which is inexcusable at this event.

Watching the Radiohead thing right now, with the huge percussion/marching band group -- awesomely audacious!
      Last edited by -Jrabbit; February 8, 2009, 23:21.
      Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
      RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

Radiohead and the Marching Band was teh awesome!!
        “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”

Comment

T.I. and Justin Timberlake were quite awesome as well.

Comment

Jamie Foxx just effin' rocks. That guy is amazing.

Motown's 50th anniversary -- fitting performance.
            RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

Plant & Kraus

Definitely a great pick for Album of the Year

Comment

Yes, a happy ending in my book. Too bad they didn't let Plant ramble on a bit further.

I swear, Green Day still looks like a bunch of no-account punk kids. I love those guys.
                Last edited by -Jrabbit; February 9, 2009, 00:32.

Comment

Can't wait until GD releases "21st Century Breakdown"

Comment

I certainly can wait.

American Idiot was insanely overrated. Then again, pop-punk is something that grates on my very existence. Angst is so 1992.
                    "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

American Idiot

Comment

Originally posted by Asher View Post
                        I certainly can wait.

American Idiot was insanely overrated. Then again, pop-punk is something that grates on my very existence. Angst is so 1992.
                        Says the king of angst........

ACK!
                        Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

Originally posted by Tuberski View Post
                          Says the king of angst........

ACK!
                          Don't wanna be an ANGSTY POSTER

[action=Asher]simple riff[/action]

Don't wanna be THE TARGET OF THE OLD MEN

[action=Asher]simple riff[/action]

Comment

Working...
                          X