I got me a brand-new sig!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I got me a brand-new sig!!

A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

I'm afraid that the source for that quote is unreliable. The Voice of Destruction by Hermann Rauschning is apparently fraudulent.

The IHR, an independent, public interest history research and publishing center, seeks to promote peace and freedom through greater awareness of the past.

Of course, it's equally possible that Wolfgang Haenel is wrong. It's hard to tell with things like this.

Still, it's a cool quote.
    John Brown did nothing wrong.

Comment

Then Harry Jaffa needs to do this homework better! I can put a sidenote in my sig about the ambiguity of the quote then.

Comment

Nah, just do an attribution:
        (quoted in Gespraeche mit Hitler, Hermann Rauschning), or whatever.

Cool quote regardless.
        Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
        RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

Eh - I will just stick with the paranthetical note I have in there already since I'm feeling lazy now.

Comment

Ah well, that takes away from the accuracy and legitimacy of the quote. It's meaningless now.
            “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
            "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

I just got an idea for a new avatar. Can someone who is great at designing avatar graphics (like Coldwizard or someone else) design a Confederate flag's background, only replacing the blue bars with white stars with a blue swatiska and white stars?

Comment

Originally posted by MrFun View Post
                I just got an idea for a new avatar. Can someone who is great at designing avatar graphics (like Coldwizard or someone else) design a Confederate flag's background, only replacing the blue bars with white stars with a blue swatiska and white stars?
                I got better...

I'm consitently stupid- Japher
                I think that opinion in the United States is decidedly different from the rest of the world because we have a free press -- by free, I mean a virgorously presented right wing point of view on the air and available to all.- Ned

Comment

I may take that one Theben, but why does that flag have the upraised middle finger?

Comment

Probably to represent today's Confederates, which generally seems to be a bunch of careless slobs.
                    Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
                    I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
                    Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

I remember in "Mother Night," where the main character sends a copy of the Gettysburg Address to Hitler. Hilter writes back [paraphrasing]: "Parts of this almost made me weep. It seems the Americans and the Germans share many core values. I'd like to quote parts of this. 0Lincoln wasn't a Jew was he? The name Abraham is very suspecious."

Comment

Comment

Working...
                        X