A fading tradition in California.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Oerdin View Post
    They're a mountain people who held out because they were the farthest away from the source of the Indo-European expansion and because they took refuge in the mountains. The world is full of mountain cultures which have successfully held out against the tide of new invaders.
    Oh, don't forget about the sheep.
    To The Hijack Police: I don't know what you are talking about. I didn't do it. I wasn't there. I don't even own a computer.

Comment

Quite a few Basque live in San Francisco. Some of them participate in the tradition of selling seats at the table. In this you request an invitation to join the family at a meal in which you pay for the costs of the meal. I have done this, and everyone was very friendly although much more comfortable conversing in French than English. They had a family business making hand crafted iron work pieces that were quite expensive and very popular. This was in the '70s, so perhaps it is fading away. I don't know.
      No matter where you go, there you are. - Buckaroo Banzai
      "I played it [Civilization] for three months and then realised I hadn't done any work. In the end, I had to delete all the saved files and smash the CD." Iain Banks, author

Comment

Working...
      X