Prescription drugs, any like alcohol?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Prescription drugs, any like alcohol?

I know there are plenty of drugs that can be prescribed for anxiety, depression, phobias, etc. Are there any in particular that closely emulate the effects of alcohol?

I've been told multiple times by family and friends that I should take a few shots before an interview, I should be drunk when I write, and overall I should just always be intoxicated to some extent. (Really positive support considering my family has a large proportion of alcoholics. )

So, are there any drugs commonly prescribed that are like alcohol or should I just start carrying around a flask of vodka?

By being like alcohol I mean the reduced...um...**** if you don't know what I mean you need to drink more.

Valium...though Lorazepam is faster acting, I doubt you'd get it in a low enough dose not to completely **** you up in the head.
    You just wasted six ... no, seven ... seconds of your life reading this sentence.

Comment

valium isn't really like alcohol though, you just kind of sit there and mong out.
      "The Christian way has not been tried and found wanting, it has been found to be hard and left untried" - GK Chesterton.

"The most obvious predicition about the future is that it will be mostly like the past" - Alain de Botton

Comment

Imagine me doing a spock-like-eyebrow-raising-of-scepticism upon reading the advise given to you...

Comment

Stuff that they use to put you under makes you pretty loopy...

JM
          Jon Miller-
          I AM.CANADIAN
          GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

Working...
          X