Advice From Guitar Players.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Advice From Guitar Players.

My 9 yo wanted a guitar for Christmas and after much discussion with the ex we got her one. My thoughts were that she would quickly lose interest in it but surprisingly she is still at it. I've looked online for material that would help her along like dvd's and such and I actually got her a book that has simple songs. I was just wondering if there was anything in particular that I might do to help her along. We live in a small town and getting lessons is an option but not having any luck so far in finding someone local.
    Which side are we on? We're on the side of the demons, Chief. We are evil men in the gardens of paradise, sent by the forces of death to spread devastation and destruction wherever we go. I'm surprised you didn't know that. --Saul Tigh

There's some apps out there that are supposedly pretty good to help learn guitar. Don't know of any offhand though...
    "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
    Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Hmm, she might enjoy that. Thanks.
      Which side are we on? We're on the side of the demons, Chief. We are evil men in the gardens of paradise, sent by the forces of death to spread devastation and destruction wherever we go. I'm surprised you didn't know that. --Saul Tigh

Comment

Guitar Hero/Rock Band Doesn't help actually learning the guitar, but helps with coordination, and interest
        <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
        I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

Originally posted by snoopy369 View Post
          Guitar Hero/Rock Band Doesn't help actually learning the guitar, but helps with coordination, and interest
          It certainly helps with interest (as well as appreciation of songs & bands to which someone that age might never otherwise be introduced), but guitar players I know would probably warn against using it for coordination's sake since it'd instill some habits to "unlearn" when doing the real thing. Safer to start real guitar first or at least do them concurrently.
          Unbelievable!

Comment

... I'm playing classical guitar since august of this year, (practicing at least 1 hour a day). My best friend is the software Guitar Pro 5. This software is the main reason why I became much better at guitar playing.

You can find MANY MANY tabs/sheets for Guitar Pro 5 at this website: http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/

Here a video of what this software can do:
            Last edited by CrONoS; February 5, 2009, 16:14.
            bleh

Comment

Guitar Pro is the app I was thinking of. I think I've got v4 somewhere...
              "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
              Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

I appreciate the suggestions. Hopefully it will help her along.

Comment

Working...
                X