Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Healthcare in America Is Officially Screwed!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Oerdin View Post
    Liquor taxes.

And while we're at it lets add some junkfood taxes.
    And fast food.

JM
    Jon Miller-
    I AM.CANADIAN
    GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

Originally posted by duke o' york View Post
      But the problem with single people is that they won't remain so forever, so they'll soon have families the company will have to support. If the company was to hire older people whose offspring no longer required insurance then they would have to hire new workers eventually, and they'd find that they'd never get people who'd stay with the company and advance its "company philosophy". Recruitment costs are already exorbitant, so it would make sense for the company to foster a spirit in its current workforce and ensure that they hold on to them. In the UK, it is illegal for companies to ask woman if they plan to have children at interview, and I'd imagine it applies to both men, and the US.

Or are you advocating that every US company hire MrFun?
      I got told sometime last year though, that if a women was with a company for 2 weeks and then fell pregnant, she was entitled to full maternity leave. Do you know if that's true?
      You just wasted six ... no, seven ... seconds of your life reading this sentence.

Comment

Married men with kids have more at stake in terms of employement.
        They traditionaly are more stable, whine less, and less likely to quit on the spur of the moment.

I'd hire a married man over a single guy (assuming everything else being equal). But unfortunately it's illegal to ask questions about things like that.

And yes, the cost of recruitment and training is so high that it's worth extra costs to retain GOOD workers.
        It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
        RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Originally posted by rah View Post

I'd hire a married man over a single guy (assuming everything else being equal). But fortunately it's illegal to ask questions about things like that.
          fixed
          A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

Yeah I guess you're right, MrFun.
            It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
            RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Universal healthcare
              Byzantine patchwork system slapped together willy-nilly

-Arrian
              grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

Originally posted by Krill View Post
                I got told sometime last year though, that if a women was with a company for 2 weeks and then fell pregnant, she was entitled to full maternity leave. Do you know if that's true?
                It's six months (continuous employment).
                One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

Originally posted by rah View Post
                  Married men with kids have more at stake in terms of employement.
                  They traditionaly are more stable, whine less, and less likely to quit on the spur of the moment.

I'd hire a married man over a single guy (assuming everything else being equal). But unfortunately it's illegal to ask questions about things like that.

And yes, the cost of recruitment and training is so high that it's worth extra costs to retain GOOD workers.
                  Check out the ring finger in future.

No ring, either not married, or not caring about the wife.

Comment

I don't wear a ring...

Originally posted by Zkrib
                    USA = shortest average lifespan in any industrialized country.
                    USA = highest infant mortality rate in any industrialized country.
                    USA = highest per-capita healthcare costs in any nation.

The underfunded programs of Canada and the UK look good by comparison.

Germany, etc. leave us in the dust.

the most "third world" point about US is lack of universal healthcare... myself with diabetic kid would not move there even if I got double salary due to insane premiums and exception lists for people with chronic conditions (3x salary multiple onwards, might be worth it ) comparing to what I get right now in UK... while moving around in Europe, including "in development" countries like Croatia, are totally OK, as this is just not a financial factor, and also makes society into a lot more balanced one...
                    Socrates: "Good is That at which all things aim, If one knows what the good is, one will always do what is good." Brian: "Romanes eunt domus"
                    GW 2013: "and juistin bieber is gay with me and we have 10 kids we live in u.s.a in the white house with obama"

Comment

Originally posted by OneFootInTheGrave View Post

I don't wear a ring...

Case in point.

Comment

Socrates: "Good is That at which all things aim, If one knows what the good is, one will always do what is good." Brian: "Romanes eunt domus"
                        GW 2013: "and juistin bieber is gay with me and we have 10 kids we live in u.s.a in the white house with obama"

Comment

I dont know bout most employer health care plans but ours we pay the one spouse plus kids it dont matter how many kids the cost is the same. His company charges him for insurance thoit is a lot less then family but he would still have to pay for it. As for the preggy woman that would fall under the FMLA unless she completes probation period and company offers maternity leave.
                          When you find yourself arguing with an idiot, you might want to rethink who the idiot really is.
                          "It can't rain all the time"-Eric Draven
                          Being dyslexic is hard work. I don't even try anymore.

Comment

health care to kids

well? someone had to say it.

Comment

Working...
                            X