The anti-smilie Polytoners.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The anti-smilie Polytoners.

I don't think I have ever seen JM use any smilie in posting in any thread. There may be a couple of others like JM that I cannot think of off-hand right now.

I think there's something weird about them.
    A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Smilies are great!

Comment

Well I don't think I'd grab my pitchfork and flaming torch if they disappeared, but the wink smiley is very useful when your post is not entirely serious and don't want it to be taken as such by any conclusion-jumpers-to.

Comment

Exactly! In fact, I think there's a correlation with increased use of smilies and greater chance for world peace.

X-post
        A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

Smilies
          Thumbspam
          Solomwi is very wise. - Imran Siddiqui

Comment

Smilies
            I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

What we really need is to get the message icons properly restored.

Comment

**** off, the lot of you!
                “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
                "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

My theory is JM doesn't have a colon key on his keyboard.
                  <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
                  I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

He probably does, but given the trouble he has finding the right letters at the best of times then he'll have never used it.

Comment

Originally posted by snoopy369 View Post
                      My theory is JM doesn't have a colon key on his keyboard.
                      Maybe he had to have it removed because of colon cancer.

Comment

Originally posted by MrFun View Post
                        Exactly! In fact, I think there's a correlation with increased use of smilies and greater chance for world peace.
                        Mobius uses lots of smilies.

Comment

i don't, but i think my gratuitous use of the italics tags more than makes up for it.
                          I wasn't born with enough middle fingers.
                          [Brandon Roderick? You mean Brock's Toadie?][Hanged from Yggdrasil]

Comment

Originally posted by Cort Haus View Post
                            Mobius uses lots of smilies.

I always know I'm winning an argument when people stop arguing with me and begin to whine about how many smilies I use...
                            Is it me, or is MOBIUS a horrible person?

Comment

Originally posted by Naked Gents Rut View Post
                              Smilies are great!

I don't know why he saved my life. Maybe in those last moments he loved life more than he ever had before. Not just his life - anybody's life, my life. All he'd wanted were the same answers the rest of us want. Where did I come from? Where am I going? How long have I got? All I could do was sit there and watch him die.

Comment

Working...
                              X