Black Diamond Run

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Black Diamond Run

Where and what is your favorite Black Diamond or Double Black Diamond Ski Run?

For me:
    1. Broken Arrow - Squaw Valley, CA
    2. Keyhole - Alpine Meadows, CA
    3. The Palisades - Alpine Meadows, CA
    4. Granite Chief - Squaw Valley, CA
    Last edited by Supr49er; February 2, 2009, 17:58. Reason: Added three other runs
    And indeed there will be time To wonder, "Do I dare?" and, "Do I dare?". t s eliot

Glory Basin - Whitewater (Nelson) B.C.
    Couloir Extreme - Blackcombe (Whistler) B.C.
    The Cliff - Red Mountain (Rossland) B.C.
    Canucks' Delux - Mt. Baker Washington USA
    The Divide - Sunshine (Banff) AB

Comment

I don't think I have ever gone on one. The best snowboarding I have ever done was at Mt. Bachelor though (second best at Mt. Hood). I have also been to places in Wisconsin and Pennsylvania, but they were both terrible compared to the places in Oregon.

It was only the one time I went in Wisconsin that I went skiing. Yeah, I am pretty terrible about the low number of times I went, it was expensive and I had few friends before I went to college, and it has been expensive since (so while I have gone numerous times in graduate school, I haven't gone recently). I am invited to go next weekend, but have decided not to (need to do work, need to conserve funds, etc.).

JM
      Jon Miller-
      I AM.CANADIAN
      GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

Summit Glades, Pico Peak, VT.

Though I'm not much of a black diamond guy... me, I'm more likely to be found on ye olde blue square.

-Arrian
        grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

1) North Drop, Cliff Run, Fall Line - Lutsen, MN
          2) Highline, Roger's Run, Sheer Terror Glade, Been There, Done That - Vail, CO
          3) Temerity, Moment of Truth, The Wall, Audacious, Steeplechase - Aspen Highlands, CO
          4) Dictator Chutes, Marx, Lenin, Z-Chutes - Big Sky, MT

Pretty sure they're the only double-blacks I've done, the rest were blacks. Yeah, I'm a showoff, so what.
          Unbelievable!

Comment

I only do some single blacks (can't do moguls due to my knees), but my favorite has to be The Edge in Snowmass (http://www.destinationsnowmass.com/i...s/snowmass.jpg , off High Alpine, center left, top of the mountain). Basically straight down, nearly the highest point on the mountain. Beautiful view, nice trees on the way down, and a fun two-seater with no armrest for atmosphere. It's a great run right after eating a big lunch at Gwynn's High Alpine (a fantastic full service restaurant, great food, particularly the elk burgers, and I'm told a great champagne/wine selection).
            <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
            I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

Working...
            X