Putin is such a *****

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Putin is such a *****

Michael Dell lobs a general soft ball to him, so that he can hit it out of the park.

Instead, Putin launches into a diatribe on the superiority of Russian technology.

Dell's probably thinking: "What an ass."

I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Some cultures sometimes see offers of help, especially from the West, as insulting. It assumes that they are inferior, even when that's not the intent.
    “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
    "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

Do you mean, specifically, the Russian culture?

Also, it should be noted that Dell asked what "we, the IT sector" can do to help. That would include the Russian IT sector, of course.
      I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

Originally posted by DaShi View Post
        Some cultures sometimes see offers of help, especially from the West, as insulting. It assumes that they are inferior, even when that's not the intent.
        It's called an inferiority complex.
        Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

It's called Western Imperialist Pig-Dogism!
          “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
          "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

Come the revolution it will be called Everybody Pig-Dogism, or er, something. [/chegitz]

Comment

Ah the Revolution, yes. This time we will do it right. No survivors!
              "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

Working...
              X