No announcement yet.

Blagojevich

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey, if I can't (even jokingly, as my name is "Jack") use the word "hijack" in the airport security line, then Blago has to be held to a similar standard.
    Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
    RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

Plotting to commit a crime I think is reasonably defined as a crime, though. It's not like they can suggest that you are conspiring just based on 'pure' talk... you have to be talking about doing something constructive, and take some steps to make it obvious you're going to do what you are going to do.

That, and (apparently) they have some evidence of actual actions he DID take in the past (like on the horce racing bit above).
      <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
      I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

Originally posted by Joseph View Post
        Before Gray Davis was kick out of Calif. he wanted 250 million from the Teacher Union before he would sit down and talk to them.
        Where is the source? I don't remember hearing about this.
        And indeed there will be time To wonder, "Do I dare?" and, "Do I dare?". t s eliot

Comment

Somehow I doubt he actually ASKED for $250m for his personal pocket. More likely he asked them to give up that much in total salary to help balance the budget...

-Joe

Comment

I miss Blago so much...

Comment

While I was at work at the National Archives Friday, me and all of my colleagues received an e-mail from the new, succeeding governor of Illinois talking about how he intends to restore confidence in the state's government. He also thanked all of us employees of Illinois for our continued service.
              A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

Did you let him know that you hoped that the new administration would smoothly take over the reigns, including honoring promises made by the prior administration. Such as your $50,000 raise...

Comment

Working...
                X