Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well there's always next year..

Comment

All rightie, I'm about to leave for the meet. If the others aren't back within 24 hours, you may call the police.

Comment

Strange to think of them having a 2030 party meetup at 1430 EST. Do this with Gov't related planning, but the mind balks at us "normal folk" living on staggered channels of time. Enjoy!
        No matter where you go, there you are. - Buckaroo Banzai
        "I played it [Civilization] for three months and then realised I hadn't done any work. In the end, I had to delete all the saved files and smash the CD." Iain Banks, author

Comment

Originally posted by Winston View Post
          All rightie, I'm about to leave for the meet. If the others aren't back within 24 hours, you may call the police.
          Send pictures. We know Marcos can access poly with his phone.
          We need seperate human-only games for MP/PBEM that dont include the over-simplifications required to have a good AI
          If any man be thirsty, let him come unto me and drink. Vampire 7:37
          Just one old soldiers opinion. E Tenebris Lux. Pax quaeritur bello.

Comment

Great.
            ---
            And Chemical Ollie to seriously talk to his bank in the morning - or something!
            This isn't about banks. This is about pu55y. You know, the slimy thing women use to opress us men. No way I can go. Seriously!

Or more like it, if we don't obey, we won't get it.
            So get your Naomi Klein books and move it or I'll seriously bash your faces in! - Supercitizen to stupid students
            Be kind to the nerdiest guy in school. He will be your boss when you've grown up!

Comment

Sir David

Comment

Attenborough? Frost? Lean? Hare?

Which do you refer to man?

Comment

The Danes beat the Greek in beer drinking last night. It was a home game for them though, you'll see what happens on the ouzo rematch in Greece.

I survived the night, most probably the others did too

No photos were taken, not drunk enough to do it.

Discussion on Apolyton, life, death, other apolytoners and their DL's, and of course civ didnt lead to any big conclusions except that it's fun doing it.

So my thanks to winston, blackcat and monk, i hope we can do it again soon.
                  Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
                  Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
                  giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

Comment

That's a good summary, Markos.

I had a good time also, what a nice surprise to actually meet with the founder of this site, in his old age, right here in Copenhagen.

And nobody got arrested!

The three of us split up shortly after saying goodnight to you at the hotel.

If you're ever in town again (as you hinted you might be), let us know, and I'll be happy to have a "reunion".

And I learned something. I would have never guessed that Monk is in fact an American with a fair command of the Danish language.

Comment

meet with the founder of this site, in his old age
                      "old age"? WT*?
                      Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
                      Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
                      giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

Comment

You're retired now, aren't you?

Comment

Like the Danish handball team?

Comment

Yes, for once, the French forgot to surrender. I hope you guys nail them in the final!

Comment

Cheers guys, that was a nice evening out. Don't worry about not living up to the speed of Danish beer drinking, Markos, we still like you either how. But of course the redemption-by-ouzo strategy remains an option if you want...

Comment

Yeah, it was actually fun to get some real faces on some of the sob's you argue with here

And I learned something. I would have never guessed that Monk is in fact an American with a fair command of the Danish language.
                                Well, that explains why he couldn't pronounce The Word

Oh, and Markos, don't expect an easy victory in that ouzo battle - I have a fancy for the stuff
                                With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

Working...
                                X