Sloww Cooking Suggestions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui View Post
    Do NOT remove the seeds. Keep them in the chili. That's where you'll get the nice spiced flavor.
    Chilis peppers are the fruit of the gods.
    Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Originally posted by Jon Miller View Post
      I put things like dried beans, barley, jalapone peppers, onions, garlic, canned tomatoes, and other such things in mine.

JM
      Just make sure you soak the beans for 8-12 hours first and discard the soak water. Other wise you end up with a lot of undigestable sugars in the water while will give you massive farts. So soak them for an entire day, then pore out the soak water, add new water in with the rest of the pot roast. Also I find a bit of Worcestershire sauce or A-1 adds some nice flavor too as does some lemon juice or something acidic to tenderize the meat.

I like to mince garlic in my garlic press, quarter two onions & two potatos, then add in the rest. White rice works well if you don't use barley. Oh, and don't forget the chopped carrots & celery.
      Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Do NOT remove the seeds. Keep them in the chili. That's where you'll get the nice spiced flavor.
        Chili with the slow cooker sounds great. But I was originally thinking of using jalepenos to spice up chicken, roast, or pork chops.
        A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

Other wise you end up with a lot of undigestable sugars in the water while will give you massive farts.

And why exactly would you want to avoid this? I know hipsters aren't real men, but not wanting to have awesome farts is taking the vaginitis to an unhealthy extreme, isn't it?

Comment

Originally posted by MrFun View Post
            Chili with the slow cooker sounds great. But I was originally thinking of using jalepenos to spice up chicken, roast, or pork chops.
            And? Still don't remove the seeds .
            “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
            - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Imran, Silver Springs is a bit on the wild side for MrFun

JM
              Jon Miller-
              I AM.CANADIAN
              GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

And? Still don't remove the seeds .
                I kinda figured that once you said it's good to keep the seeds in, you do that for anything you cook.

Oh, and I love you too, JM.

Comment

1. Wash Sloww thoroughly, you don't know where he's been.
                  2. Tie to spit.
                  3. Roast slowly over hickory fire, turning evenly.
                  4. Apply BBQ sauce liberally.
                  5. Continue to turn spit.
                  6. Serve and enjoy during LAN game of Civ2 MP.
                  Pool Manager - Lombardi Handicappers League - An NFL Pick 'Em Pool

https://youtu.be/HLNhPMQnWu4

Comment

Originally posted by ColdWizard View Post
                    1. Wash Sloww thoroughly, you don't know where he's been.
                    2. Tie to spit.
                    3. Roast slowly over hickory fire, turning evenly.
                    4. Apply BBQ sauce liberally.
                    5. Continue to turn spit.
                    6. Serve and enjoy during LAN game of Civ2 MP.
                    Uh, you're not a relative of the Jeffrey Dahmer family are you?

Comment

You could also try mesquite.
                      Pool Manager - Lombardi Handicappers League - An NFL Pick 'Em Pool

https://youtu.be/HLNhPMQnWu4

Comment

Working...
                      X