Heresson is going to Paris real soon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Heresson is going to Paris real soon

I've already mentioned I got Erasmus scholarship in prestigeous EHESS, Paris, France. That was a mistake. Erasmus scholarships should be multi-culti heavy drinking competition, and in Paris, I'm afraid, it shall be not.
    1) The city's too big. Hard to meet other Erasmus students
    2) No language course
    3) Not that many Erasmus students in EHESS
    4) Paris and EHESS is too good, there's more competition for who's going there --> only good ones go --> it's more about learning.
    5) I've made a mistake of commiting myself to living in a polish bourse, while I should have found accomodation in this school's bourse, so that I could meet everyone etc
    6) After I come back, an exam of XIX century Poland&world history awaits me. 20 books to read... I have already lent some... It's not that bad, some are about France. I guess I'll be making "Paris & Charles X" and "Paris and Louis Philippe" tours round the city.

I've finished 4,5 of 5 years of my studies. I still haven't written a single page of my thesis. My french sucks ass.

French people do not seem all that nice when it comes to treating foreigners attempting to speak their language.

To finish this scholarship, I'll have to pass at least 3 seminaires and write an essay. Now an essay is 30 pages, and to pass 3 seminaires I'll have to write 3 book revues each 15 pages. Now my mother will surely correct my mistakes, but she will never agree to translate my essays for me, so I'll have to write 75 pages in french, not to mention reading a couple of long books in it.

Anyway, I'm scared. Reaaaally scared. I've chosen my tutor wisely, he's an Arab so I hope that if my french fails me, I'm gonna use arabic (only to fail at it as well).

Please send me your wuv, support and money.
    Spiffor!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Please help me.
    "I realise I hold the key to freedom,
    I cannot let my life be ruled by threads" The Web Frogs
    Middle East!

last but not least, the French eat frogs
    Middle East!

Comment

French people will pretend to not understand your French even when they do. Prepare to suffer.
      I need a foot massage

Comment

Heresson is going to Paris real soon

Could you kick her in the butt for me. Nothing too violent, of course. Thanks.

Comment

Herreson, you need to start writing your thesis, my friend.
          Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

my thesis is the least important of my problems right now. It is very easy at my studies to postpone it. I won't get rewards for being a good student, but I'll have to do it anyway, because my tutor shall be gone.
            Middle East!

Comment

Don't be scared, Heresson. You'll just be following the footsteps of the two most famous and brilliant Poles ever, Chopin and Polanski, both of whom ended up in France eventually. Best of luck.

Comment

Working...
              X