Anybody tried using "Google Sites"?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anybody tried using "Google Sites"?

I've been experimenting with it but It doesn't seem to have gained much traction since it was released last year but then again, a lot of other free web hosting services like Geocities and Anglefire have gone downhill. Has anybody else made a page?

I have used Google Pages, which as I understand has turned into Sites. Don't know the differences, though. Google Pages is really basic, but easy nonetheless.
    I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

What are you speaking of, is this for a website or a Blog you set up?

Thanks

Gramps
      Hi, I'm RAH and I'm a Benaholic.-rah

Comment

Well, Google Sites is basically a structured database provided by google. It allows a limited amount of web hosting for free. Its geared more for amateur web/wiki development but not for blogging. You can even allow multiple users to edit stuff.

Comment

I can see this becoming as major as gmail..
          be free

Comment

Originally posted by Riesstiu IV View Post
            Well, Google Sites is basically a structured database provided by google. It allows a limited amount of web hosting for free. Its geared more for amateur web/wiki development but not for blogging. You can even allow multiple users to edit stuff.
            Thanks

Comment

For creating a "Files Page", does anyone know what the file size limit is or if there is one?

I'm uploading a 36mb file to test, taking a while..

edit: 10mb
              Last edited by FrostyBoy; January 22, 2009, 21:37.
              be free

Comment

Could someone give a critique of my site?

http://sites.google.com/site/texasodonates/Home

It's not done yet but my purpose is to create a online catalogue of my insect collection while at the same time providing a resource for anyone interested in learning how to go about preserving and collecting. It has general information on various species based on my own observances.

Any thoughts on the format or content?

Comment

Originally posted by Riesstiu IV View Post
                  Could someone give a critique of my site?

http://sites.google.com/site/texasodonates/Home

It's not done yet but my purpose is to create a online catalogue of my insect collection while at the same time providing a resource for anyone interested in learning how to go about preserving and collecting. It has general information on various species based on my own observances.

Any thoughts on the format or content?
                  Big Thumbs up

So this is free?

So say I wanted to start a website about Fames of Civilization, some Turn based some real time.

I could?

I was thinking about CTP thru CIV Rev

Cover AOEII:The Conquerors, RON & RONTAP ect.

Explain the differences

I would be ok?

Thanks

Gramps

Comment

Yes you can!

I'm going to do mine on Vagina's and Breasts.

I will showcase all the different kinds of Vagina's and Breasts from all the different countries of the world. Starting with Afghanistan.

Does anyone know of any Afghani's willing to participate in my study?
                    Last edited by FrostyBoy; January 23, 2009, 00:55.
                    be free

Comment

All Afghani women are open-minded. Feel free to air drop into Kandahar and start asking the local women to strip.

Comment

Originally posted by FrostyBoy View Post
                        Yes you can!

I'm going to do mine on Vagina's and Breasts.

I will showcase all the different kinds of Vagina's and Breasts from all the different countries of the world. Starting with Afghanistan.

Does anyone know of any Afghani's willing to participate in my study?
                        When your mind is as dirty as this, how did you get DanQ and the rest to call you "Staff"?

Edit: Nevermind, I think I know what they're referring to, naughty boy you.
                        "lol internet" ~ AAHZ

Comment

Working...
                        X