Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ding Dong The Bush Is Gone!

Which Old Bush? The wicked Bush!
    “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
    "Capitalism ho!"

Have you met your quota for "Post Traumatic Bush Disorder" moments yet?

Comment

The Hate-Clintonites are still going strong. I expect a similar level of bitterness from Bush-Haters.

It's mostly harmless venting.
      Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
      RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

Good riddance Bush II, hello Bush III!
        Unbelievable!

Comment

I expected church bells tolling for liberation day.
          Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

Don't think you can follow Jon Stewart's suggestion and ship your old leaders over to us once you don't need them anymore
            Blah

Comment

Where's my stimulus!
              Monkey!!!

Comment

Originally posted by BeBro View Post
                Don't think you can follow Jon Stewart's suggestion and ship your old leaders over to us once you don't need them anymore
                But you're where the World Court is.
                Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

Hooiooray...hooray....horay, hooray!

Comment

Meet the new boss. Same as the old boss.

Comment

I had an interesting lunch today with my co worker who is concerned about Obama and race situations (black guy, basically my bf at work.)

Comment

In what way is he concerned?

edit: Is it about **** like this?

For one day, for one hour, let us take a bow as a country. Nearly 233 years after our founding, 144 years after the close of our Civil War and 46 years after Martin Luther King’s “I Have a Dream” speech, this crazy quilt of immigrants called Americans finally elected a black man, Barack Hussein Obama, as president.

I find it extremely annoying that white people think they did something noble and heroic by electing a bi-racial President. It's like they actually think race relations are any different now than they were two days ago...
                        Last edited by Naked Gents Rut; January 21, 2009, 22:13.

Comment

True dat, on both sides of the color line.
                          Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                          RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

Forget that; here's what really matters:

As of noon yesterday, the US entered a rare period in its recent history when none of its six top elected leaders (President and Veep; Speaker and House Majority Leader; Senate Majority Leader and Senate Majority Whip) hailed from Dixie. How long it's been depends on whether you count Papa Bush as a Texan and whether you count Missouri (home of Dick Gephardt) as Dixie. If so, it's been since the Ford years; if not, then it's been since Papa Bush, and the Ford years before that. I don't know what it means, exactly, but I thought I'd point it out.

The CSA in Exile
                            Obama
                            "I have as much authority as the pope. I just don't have as many people who believe it." — George Carlin

Comment

True dat, on both sides of the color line.

I'm more sympathetic to the sense of euphoria coming from black people (especially older ones). They suffered real racial injustice in their lives and seeing a black man elected must set off emotions that I can't claim to understand. Obama really isn't one of them, but I can understand why they wouldn't care and would just want to revel in the moment.

Comment

Working...
                              X