Senator Ted Kennedy collapses

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rah View Post
    When a law suit was threatened by VW, National Lampoon ran the following retraction:

"Even if Ted Kennedy had driven a Volkswagen he wouldn't be president today."

Only the National Lampoon

Hi, I'm RAH and I'm a Benaholic.-rah

Comment

Originally posted by rah View Post
      When a law suit was threatened by VW, National Lampoon ran the following retraction:

"Even if Ted Kennedy had driven a Volkswagen he wouldn't be president today."

Only the National Lampoon
      rah, after you posted this pic, I couldn't help but remember press secretary Alfred E. Neumann

He was a cool customer, nothing got him upset and even when pressed, he would respond "What, me worry?"
      Hi, I'm RAH and I'm a Benaholic.-rah

Comment

I hope he's all right. He seemed like a good and effective legislator.
        "lol internet" ~ AAHZ

Comment

He's a little brother from a lightweight family. Good riddance.

Comment

I can't find myself particularly distraught by this, given which two senators it was.

Comment

Ted Kennedy is generally respected by both parties and has worked hard on many bipartisan agreements. However, the people who really hate him are conservative radio talkshow hosts (or at least their radio personas do). It's become sort of a litmus test for outing the zombies who listen to those shows based on their feelings about Ted Kennedy.
              “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
              "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

Originally posted by Alinestra Covelia View Post
                I hope he's all right. He seemed like a good and effective legislator.
                He is one of the best. One of the only ones continually fighting for the common man.
                Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Originally posted by DaShi View Post
                  Ted Kennedy is generally respected by both parties and has worked hard on many bipartisan agreements. However, the people who really hate him are conservative radio talkshow hosts (or at least their radio personas do). It's become sort of a litmus test for outing the zombies who listen to those shows based on their feelings about Ted Kennedy.
                  Personal experience indicates that it's a poor litmus test, then.

Comment

If he hadn't been a Kennedy, he probably would have gone to jail. A lot of people dislike him for that. It has nothing to do with his politics.
                    It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                    RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Exactly so.

Stupidity and arrogance - bad combination in the privileged.
                      Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                      RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

Yeah, if he had been black, he'd probably still be in jail,
                        But since he was a Kennedy, he gets to be a senator for life.

You don't have to be a conservative radio talk show host to hate him.

I can't understand how people can speak so highly of him knowing what he did.
                        It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                        RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Because character means absolutely nothing to people anymore. It comes down to what side they are on with no consideration of what kind of person they are. It's all around us from politics to entertainment to personal relationships.

Then again, perhaps it has always been that way.
                          Which side are we on? We're on the side of the demons, Chief. We are evil men in the gardens of paradise, sent by the forces of death to spread devastation and destruction wherever we go. I'm surprised you didn't know that. --Saul Tigh

Comment

Political dynasties

I don't wish him any harm, but neither would I be particularly upset if (when) he dies. I don't know enough about his political career to have much of an opinion on his, um, public service. I know he got away with some **** a long time ago.

-Arrian
                            grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

A terrible tragedy. As fat as Kennedy is you would've thought his fall would've taken out more Dems than just Byrd.
                              We need seperate human-only games for MP/PBEM that dont include the over-simplifications required to have a good AI
                              If any man be thirsty, let him come unto me and drink. Vampire 7:37
                              Just one old soldiers opinion. E Tenebris Lux. Pax quaeritur bello.

Comment

Sick, but I couldn't resist laughing.
                                RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Working...
                                X