Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

People losing their job, but i'm quitting mine?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• People losing their job, but i'm quitting mine?

I wonder if i'm doing the wrong thing by quitting, but my boss has unfairly issued this years bonus's. Everyone will be getting theirs, but I won't be because of my condition as a foreigner (government rules, not offices).

But I call bull****. If I do not get my bonus, I threaten to quit. I don't know how it will turn out, i'm quite positive he will have no choice but to give it to me as I am pretty much the company's only life-support.

Let the war begin..
    be free

I don't know. Quitting over something out of his control, in these times...at least think more about it.
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
    "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
    He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Key question: Have you put up with this in past years?
      Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
      RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

You get other perks by being a foreigner working in Singapore, I'd imagine (I'm guessing you don't pay into CPF, for example, though I could be wrong). At any rate, if it's the government's rule, I don't see why you're whinging about your boss. And if it's the Government of Singapore's rule, I can't see how you expect the situation to change.
        "I have as much authority as the pope. I just don't have as many people who believe it." — George Carlin

Comment

Christ man! First you drive a girl to suicide and now your demanding a bonus during a recession. It's always about you and your god damn Chicago subways in London, isn't it? You sicken me.

Comment

Originally posted by Rufus T. Firefly View Post
            You get other perks by being a foreigner working in Singapore, I'd imagine (I'm guessing you don't pay into CPF, for example, though I could be wrong). At any rate, if it's the government's rule, I don't see why you're whinging about your boss. And if it's the Government of Singapore's rule, I can't see how you expect the situation to change.
            By law, I must receive a minimum amount every month. Because of recession, boss has cut everyone's pay, I told him it falls below my minimum required. So he said he will use my bonus to pay off the difference for whatever number of months. But the way it works out, is that it's only written on paper that I receive the minimum, in the hand, I still get the same as everyone else (the cut), the only difference is, I don't get the bonus.

So you see, I have been cheated out of it. It's bull****.
            be free

Comment

Originally posted by Riesstiu IV View Post
              Christ man! First you drive a girl to suicide and now your demanding a bonus during a recession. It's always about you and your god damn Chicago subways in London, isn't it? You sicken me.
              It's not my fault American's can't pay their way.

Bonus is mandatory.
              be free

Comment

I've seen your work and you don't deserve a bonus! Not now, not ever!!

Comment

Originally posted by FrostyBoy View Post
                  Bonus is mandatory.
                  Evidently not.
                  Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                  "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                  He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

I say do it. I'm curious as to how this will turn out.
                    “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
                    "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

If you quit your job will you be deported?
                      "I say shoot'em all and let God sort it out in the end!

Comment

If I don't find another job, yes. But the smart thing to do is to just cross over to Malaysia for a day or two, then return to Singapore for another month, which I can extend to 3 months given permission.

Anyway, problem solved. Came to an agreement he could not refuse. Now my trip back to New Zealand will be fulfilled.
                        be free

Comment

Forum is broken.
                          be free

Comment

Your avatar is disturbing me in a weird way. Give me your bonus !
                            "Ceterum censeo Ben esse expellendum."

Comment

Keep on keeping on you crazy cowboy.

JM
                              Jon Miller-
                              I AM.CANADIAN
                              GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

Working...
                              X