Number 6 escapes at last

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Number 6 escapes at last

Patrick McGoohan, the Emmy-winning star of cult series The Prisoner, has died at the age of 80.

He died in Los Angeles on Tuesday after a short illness, his son-in-law Cleve Landsberg confirmed.

Born in Astoria, New York, he won two Emmys for his work on the detective drama Colombo and was renowned to a new generation of fans as King Edward Longshanks in the 1995 film Braveheart.

But he is best known for the lead character in The Prisoner, labelled Number Six by his captors in a small seaside village from which he continually tried to escape.

As well as starring in the show, McGoohan also produced, directed and on occasion wrote the show, using the pseudonyms Paddy Fitz and Joseph Serf as well as his own name.
    So long, Patrick. That was a very neat program.

I've been to Portmeirion, and it is bizarre. Completely out of place on the Welsh coastline yet strangely compelling with a weird kind of beauty.
    Last edited by duke o' york; January 14, 2009, 17:15.

Comment

It's ****ing ugly is what it is...
      You just wasted six ... no, seven ... seconds of your life reading this sentence.

Comment

Enjoyed that show. And I did find his Edward Longshanks enjoyable, if not the model of historical accuracy.
        Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

Rip.

Hey, WTF happened to the caps?
          Last edited by Lord Avalon; January 14, 2009, 19:08. Reason: "RIP" not in caps
          Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. - Ben Franklin
          Iain Banks missed deadline due to Civ | The eyes are the groin of the head. - Dwight Schrute.
          One more turn .... One more turn .... | WWTSD

Comment

Rip
            I'm consitently stupid- Japher
            I think that opinion in the United States is decidedly different from the rest of the world because we have a free press -- by free, I mean a virgorously presented right wing point of view on the air and available to all.- Ned

Comment

Working...
            X