Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Severe Back Pain - Should I See a Doctor?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Blaupanzer View Post
    Pain is nature's way of warning you not to behave in certain ways, specifically the ways that cause more pain.
    Ah, so my body is telling me not to go to Target. Got it.
    Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

All the doctor wannabes are crawling out of the woodwork.
      Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
      "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
      He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Originally posted by Saras View Post
        I never saw chiropractors, but went to a spinal doctor who puts sportsmen back on, he showed me some stretching exercises, I also swam a lot and now it's much better.
        Stretching aside, for strengthening & endurance the Roman Chair has worked wonders for me, and it's not that pricy:

If the price (or having to assemble) are off-putting, swimming is definitely a great alternative and uses every relevant muscle.
        Unbelievable!

Comment

Swimming is the best of all exercises.
          Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
          "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
          He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

He is weak. Paging Darwin.

Comment

i even have an underwater MP3 player
              Originally posted by Serb:Please, remind me, how exactly and when exactly, Russia bullied its neighbors?
              Originally posted by Ted Striker:Go Serb !
              Originally posted by Pekka:If it was possible to capture the essentials of Sepultura in a dildo, I'd attach it to a bicycle and ride it up your azzes.

Comment

Originally posted by OzzyKP View Post
                Ah, so my body is telling me not to go to Target. Got it.
                No, the implant you got at Walmart is telling you not to go to Target. Either that or you're getting old.
                I'm consitently stupid- Japher
                I think that opinion in the United States is decidedly different from the rest of the world because we have a free press -- by free, I mean a virgorously presented right wing point of view on the air and available to all.- Ned

Comment

I'm doing much better. Still hurting, but not nearly as horrible as early this morning. I figure some more rest & ibuprofen will take care of me. Thanks for the help everyone!

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

Soon your body will be hurting in all sorts of places. It's really down hill from this point on. You have had your fun but when that first back pain sets in then you know it's only a matter of time. Ask some of the ancients on this board, they will tell you.
                    Which side are we on? We're on the side of the demons, Chief. We are evil men in the gardens of paradise, sent by the forces of death to spread devastation and destruction wherever we go. I'm surprised you didn't know that. --Saul Tigh

Comment

Do they MRI for back problems like pinched nerves? I may have that problem, bulging disc, and a more recent very slight weakness in my knees. I imagine detecting a pinched nerve that aint always pinching would be tough. Stretching is the way to go, hopefully the problem eventually goes away and you dont need surgery. Lifting some weights might help, I'm beginning to think some damage we suffer is self induced by inactivity. Some muscles dont get enough attention and then when they're called upon to make a potentially hazardous movement like getting out of a car they give out and something rubs or twists a nerve (or who knows what). If I dont regularly (once every 2-3 weeks) work my shoulders my rotator cuffs start hurting like...well, almost as bad as your pain. Nerve pain... and a brief workout prevents it. I think the muscles play a key role in alignment and when they weaken all sorts of things start getting out of alignment and nerves come into contact with tissue in new or different places.

Comment

Comment

tis true, hurt my back when I was about 22 - whiplash when some dude hit me from behind with a volvo and bent the frame on my 66 chevelle (no headrest ) I just got running greeeat. And its been bugging me the whole time since.

Comment

Working...
                          X