Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I discovered the most obvious recipe

... for getting a raise.

That is, make money for them. When you do, they like you. They like you making money for them and to ensure that, they want to keep you happy. Because you can do it again. And again. And again.

Also, save the butts of the superior ones. Make sure they don't take it for granted. When it's outside your responsibilities, don't make it too much of a big deal, but definitely make it a deal.

Then you get more money. Repeat. But just don't over do it, then they think you're supposed to be making them money when it's actually extra. Make it outside your range. It impresses the most blackened hearts.

In da butt.
    "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
    THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
    "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Congrats on your discovery. Going to work on learning to dial a phone next?
    "The French caused the war [Persian Gulf war, 1991]" - Ned
    "you people who bash Bush have no appreciation for one of the great presidents in our history." - Ned
    "I wish I had gay sex in the boy scouts" - Dissident

Comment

Dooh
      It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
      RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Thanks, Pekka! Now I can get a raise
        <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
        I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

Other ways to get raises:

- Do something poorly, on purpose, long enough for your boss to notice. Then, when they do notice express a sincere interest in wanting to improve and change. Then start doing it better, then ask for a raise.

- Get pregnant. I know that MO won't work for +50% of the population. However, to all you ladies out there, having a kid is an excellent way to ensure a raise and/or promotion. Why? Because they don't want you to go on maturnity leave for 6 months only to never come back. So, to intice you to stay they will sh!t all over those who had to pick up your slack why you were out and promote you! yaay!

- Blackmail.
          Monkey!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Japher View Post
            Other ways to get raises:

- Do something poorly, on purpose, long enough for your boss to notice. Then, when they do notice express a sincere interest in wanting to improve and change. Then start doing it better, then ask for a raise.

- Get pregnant. I know that MO won't work for +50% of the population. However, to all you ladies out there, having a kid is an excellent way to ensure a raise and/or promotion. Why? Because they don't want you to go on maturnity leave for 6 months only to never come back. So, to intice you to stay they will sh!t all over those who had to pick up your slack why you were out and promote you! yaay!

- Blackmail.

I approve of the first and third method, but your second one fails. I don't see why a raise would substantially improve your financial status if you have to raise a kid. Freshly born spawn requires a significant investment, so you'll end up with a net loss and a 90% decrease in free time.
            "An archaeologist is the best husband a women can have; the older she gets, the more interested he is in her." - Agatha Christie
            "Non mortem timemus, sed cogitationem mortis." - Seneca

Comment

Your advice won't really work if you're in a money-spending, not a money-making deaprtment and your boss isn't even interested in saving money.
              Graffiti in a public toilet
              Do not require skill or wit
              Among the **** we all are poets
              Among the poets we are ****.

Comment

own your own business

extra profits - taxes = extra "salary"
                Originally posted by Serb:Please, remind me, how exactly and when exactly, Russia bullied its neighbors?
                Originally posted by Ted Striker:Go Serb !
                Originally posted by Pekka:If it was possible to capture the essentials of Sepultura in a dildo, I'd attach it to a bicycle and ride it up your azzes.

Comment

Then you have to do the taxes and stuff, though.
                  <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
                  I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

Working...
                  X