Fun in Britain

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fun in Britain

"THE Home Office has quietly adopted a new plan to allow police across Britain routinely to hack into people’s personal computers without a warrant."

This might be more interesting then some of the Obama threads.

JM
    Jon Miller-
    I AM.CANADIAN
    GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

I wonder who will be the first to say that honest people have nothing to hide.

I also know that in Britain it is illegal not to tell the police your passwords if they have a search warrant.
    Graffiti in a public toilet
    Do not require skill or wit
    Among the **** we all are poets
    Among the poets we are ****.

Comment

It's very sad the way the government is raping our civil rights. If our computer police had any kind of resources there might be a small chance they'd get round to actually hacking us. Luckily they are criminally underfunded and underresourced.

That said, if police have a warrant to search your computer, giving them your passwords doesn't seem unreasonable.
      Jon Miller: MikeH speaks the truth
      Jon Miller: MikeH is a shockingly revolting dolt and a masturbatory urine-reeking sideshow freak whose word is as valuable as an aging cow paddy.
      We've got both kinds

Comment

I think giving your passwords to the police is too close to testifying against yourself. If they want to find anything, they can do it themselves.

Comment

So if you have something locked in a safe, you'd say they couldn't search that (even with a warrant) unless they broke into the safe themselves, because you wouldn't have to give them the key/combination?
          Jon Miller: MikeH is a shockingly revolting dolt and a masturbatory urine-reeking sideshow freak whose word is as valuable as an aging cow paddy.
          We've got both kinds

Comment

Originally posted by Jon Miller View Post
            http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/new...cle5439604.ece

"THE Home Office has quietly adopted a new plan to allow police across Britain routinely to hack into people’s personal computers without a warrant."
            “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
            - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

The first right is the hardest to take away. The rest are like dominos. You like it when noise is made about gun control, smoking, etc. but when it hits you personally, it's not so fun.
              Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
              "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
              He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Originally posted by MikeH View Post
                So if you have something locked in a safe, you'd say they couldn't search that (even with a warrant) unless they broke into the safe themselves, because you wouldn't have to give them the key/combination?
                Exactly. "I've lost me keys, sorry." I also don't have to say that it is booby-trapped, do I?

Comment

Fair enough, at least you're consistent.
                  We've got both kinds

Comment

This is crap. I can understand and agree if a warrant is involved (and a specific item is named in the search warrant) Your safe comparison was a good one.
                    It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                    RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

I'd decline, unless a specific warrant was produced; then I'd let them decide in court.
                      Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                      "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                      He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Writs of Assistance are nothing new to the slaves of George III and his heirs. So why are we surprised?
                        John Brown did nothing wrong.

Comment

Heil Gordon
                          Socrates: "Good is That at which all things aim, If one knows what the good is, one will always do what is good." Brian: "Romanes eunt domus"
                          GW 2013: "and juistin bieber is gay with me and we have 10 kids we live in u.s.a in the white house with obama"

Comment

Working...
                          X