Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fallout 4 Screenshots

Fisher Body Plant #21, Interior
    The former automotive plant offers a half-million square feet of floor space to prospective developers.

Hastings Street
    About working in downtown Detroit, Hemmerle comments, "It was odd. Everywhere we went in the Rust Belt, people told us, `Be careful. Detroit is very dangerous.` But all of the people we met when we were working were really, really kind."

Former Housing Plots
    "On many occasions," Hemmerle says, "I had the feeling I was working in a post-Apocalyptic environment."

Packard Automobile Manufacturing Plant
    Many of the derelict structures are used by homeless people.

The Michigan Theatre
    Built in 1926, this glorious building functioned as a performance space until 1976, when it was converted into a parking garage.

Michigan Central Station, Exterior
    Opened in 1913, the terminal was designed by the architects Warren & Wetmore and Reed & Stern, the same firm that designed New York City`s Grand Central Terminal. "It`s staggering," says Hemmerle, "that such a phenomenal piece of architecture could stand empty for twenty years."

Fisher Body Plant #21, Interior
    The pyramid in the middle of the floor was constructed by artist Scott Hocking.

Michigan Central Station
    Once the city`s primary passenger depot, Central Station has not been used since 1988. Photographer Hemmerle sought out Detroit`s derelict buildings as part of a project exploring how far America has fallen. "Industry is one of the things that we let go that we need to get back," he says.

be free

Attached Files
    Unbelievable!

Comment

I feel like sighing at you Darius
      be free

Comment

“I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
        - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Unbelievable!

Comment

This is sad, how we have just let things, buildings, Industries and jobs simply drift away.

But whose fault is it?

The company who could no longer produce an tem that was marketable?

The regulatory oversight that made it impossible to produce within the stringent laws imposed by legislation?

The company that had priced itself out of line by paying the employees what they were worth in wages and benefits?

Or the workers who had to have so much more than the market could stand in relationship to labor costs?

Or is it the country that offered cheap labor, cheaper labor than even our minimum wage, to perform same tasks?

Sad indeedy, that we now have locations for a video game backdrop, that oddly has not been produced, which if produced, might not sell because we cannot afford to pay for it?

Life imitating art or art immitating life?
            Hi, I'm RAH and I'm a Benaholic.-rah

Comment

Originally posted by Darius871
              /me hugs Darious, its ok, he didnt intend to be mean
              Hi, I'm RAH and I'm a Benaholic.-rah

Comment

Great graphics. When's it out? I'll propably need an upgrade, sigh...
                I've allways wanted to play "Russ Meyer's Civilization"

Comment

Detroit hasn't been hit by a nuke yet, but I have a feeling its appearance would improve if it is.
                  B♭3

Comment

Last edited by ZEE; December 29, 2010, 12:12.
                    Order of the Fly
                    Those that cannot curse, cannot heal.

Comment

Can't they just deport all the current residents of Detroit to Alaska or Liberia and repopulate it with decent, hardworking people?
                      Graffiti in a public toilet
                      Do not require skill or wit
                      Among the **** we all are poets
                      Among the poets we are ****.

Comment

Nah, that's more Russia's forte.
                        Unbelievable!

Comment

I can't help but think of the ruined Baths of Caracalla when I look at remnants of the theater's barrel vaulted ceiling hanging above the cars.

Detroit really went to sh*t after the 1967 riots.

Comment

Last edited by ZEE; December 29, 2010, 12:12.
                            Order of the Fly
                            Those that cannot curse, cannot heal.

Comment

lol in other games. way to move the thread without looking at it.

Comment

Working...
                              X