I guess I need to change...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I guess I need to change...

... or be unhappy. I choose to be happy, so I just have to change myself. After all, I can't change others.

Then again, maybe the root cause is my own attitude. Me not liking just about anyone, is it their fault really? No. The only way I should approach this is to change how their stupidity affects my feelings of frustration. So this is how I stopped caring and became quite happy.

Instead if decoding my thoughts, of how they became to be, is useless. I would be trapped forever. To blame, or to recognize the affects of religions (e.g., protestant work ethic), science and knowledge about myself, to look for answers provided by authorities... this is not the way to go. I mean to recognize their power, and think that everything I know and thus think or feel is because of these things, and through social agreements done hundreds of years ago we now sort of treat them as real things, that again affect our thinnking.

So, I think giving this idea any more power is ultimately not going to work. It is kind of like being atheist and then going Richard Dawkins on everyone's ass; GOOD FOR YOU, but you aren't any better. Just another annoying jackass. I think Sloww would agree with me. Then again, he is a good man. But enough about Sloww for now, let's continue...

So it is not useful to work other kink or angle on the same level of abstraction, it is better to move upwards. I know what I feel and that I can change it. Thus, all the problems are external, only the interior counts. This means that I should not let these things affect me negatively. Of course it is difficult to not get pissed off when the middle aged drunk has his parties downstairs, singing 70s hits with his other drunk bozo friends on Monday morning 03:00... she doesn't have to work in the morning, or pay the mortgage on the apartment. She's a drunk. We should all feel sorry for her, who knows what happened in her life. Right? No. One time? Sure. Two times? Annoying, but we all live on the same planet. Three times? Deal with it, call the cops. All the time? **** her and her sorry ass life, it's one thing to be miserable, and completely another thing to spread your parasite crap on everyone else, and then on top of that not even apologize but b2e a comlete ***** about it as well. There's no right to be a complete jerk, unless you waive your right away to be untouchable as well. This social contract need not be universally agreed upon. Your urine smelling hair will get a ripping.

Or... I could always forget about it. To forgive is better, this way there's less frustration. To the higher abstract, I should be reinventing myself daily, instead of categorize myself according to what others have put forward. We should not be subjected to state sciences such as statistics, which are nothing but political tools. I hate politics. I still fail to understand why we need any of it. To have police officers, firemen, army, certain services? We really need politics for it? To me, these seem to be managerial issues, and that's how they are dealt with anyway. I hste bureaucracy. But I like sex
    In da butt.
    "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
    THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
    "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Pekka, I don't really know the details of your problem, but at the end of the day, all that you need to know is if you're correct. If you're not correct, change your thinking. If you are correct, people can think as they will and it doesn't matter as far as what's important.
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
    "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
    He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Don't change Pekka. Demand that the world changes to accommodate you!
      “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
      "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

The real problem are both the others, and your way to react.
        I fully share your misanthropic world view, although maybe the things that annoy me about my congeners are slightly different. Around every corner there is proof that people are incapable to act in a way that I wouldn't feel their asses in my face: Like that girl eating and licking her fingers the public computer room and the employee who, pointed to the fact, asks me what he ought to do..., whatever.

You could try to clear your immediate surrounding from such annoying factors as much as you can but try not to crusade against general idiocy and ignorance on a broader scale (should be easy to convince you that people are not worth it).
        Or direct the zeal to a special problem, like dog **** on the streets, or neighborhood accustic pollution. But it doesn't sound like you to found a citizen's platform. After all, those who'd attend would be stupid babbitts who'd annoy you just as much as the others.

Otherwise, the only thing you do is to sour your life, and it surely won't go by by itself...
        "The world is too small in Vorarlberg". Austrian ex-vice-chancellor Hubert Gorbach in a letter to Alistar [sic] Darling, looking for a job...
        "Let me break this down for you, fresh from algebra II. A 95% chance to win 5 times means a (95*5) chance to win = 475% chance to win." Wiglaf, Court jester or hayseed, you judge.

Comment

Working...
        X