Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I wish I was a Ford Union Boss

Video of Ford Union bosses "working hard"

Beautiful. At least Ford isn't(yet) in the bailout. I wonder how many GM and Chrysler Union bosses perform such shenanigans?
    Today, you are the waves of the Pacific, pushing ever eastward. You are the sequoias rising from the Sierra Nevada, defiant and enduring.

There's nothing more lazy than a union member with senority. I would love to be a Ford union employee with 20 in. I wouldn't do jack****, which volumes about the worth of a union in today's society.
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
    "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
    He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Crooked union bosses
      “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
      - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

This story is obviously a hachet job.

How does being a union boss "protect" them? If they're submitting fraudulent time cards, suspend or fire them. QED.

What was the line about it was the union boss's job to bring in more work for the company? He's not a sales rep. What the heck are they talking about??

And one of them is making more than 6 figures?! :frenzy: How much is the CEO of Ford making? How much are the board members making? The horror is not that a worker is making good money. That is NOT a bad thing. The question is, is he earning it honestly. And if not, why isn't Ford doing something about it?

Comment

Originally posted by Zkribbler
          Then every investigative story is a hatchet job.
          I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

I love it. When Republicans are apparently doing wrong and the media isn't going after them, there is a problem with investigative reporting. But when investigative reporters go after union leaders or Dems, it's a "hatchet job".
            “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”

Comment

Originally posted by DanS
              Then every investigative story is a hatchet job.
              No. What I said that phrases worked their way into the story that indicate the report was biased.

E.g. it was the union leader's job to bring in business for the company. And that, by the union leader not doing his job, the company was losing business.

The amount of money paid to the union worker was -- gasp -- in six figures.

Insofar as the story claimed to prove that the two union leaders were submitting fraudulent time cards, my recommendation is to -- after a hearing where they may supply a defense -- suspend or fire them.

Comment

So it's not a big deal that a union boss who is getting paid six figures, partly for the time he is supposed to be putting in, doesn't even work half of what he says he is?

I guess when you are a union guy, you have to stick with the unions, but this is ridiculousness, Zkrib.

Comment

E.g. it was the union leader's job to bring in business for the company.
                  They didn't say that. Listen more carefully.

"As union chairman, [he]'s top dog at the plant. It's his responsibility to bring in new work that guarantees his union brothers don't end up in the unemployment line."

They are referring to bringing in new work from within Ford.

Seems like a fairly solid investigative story, to me.
                  I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

What new work could he POSSIBLY bring in?!?

It's a union's leader's job to protect his workers from management, to get the workers good contracts, to resolve grievances, etc. Not to bring in work!

Comment

There is a lot of competition among plants to see which will survive and which will not.

The context was more than clear enough.

Comment

How does being a union boss "protect" them? If they're submitting fraudulent time cards, suspend or fire them. QED.

What was the line about it was the union boss's job to bring in more work for the company? He's not a sales rep. What the heck are they talking about??

And one of them is making more than 6 figures?! :frenzy: How much is the CEO of Ford making? How much are the board members making? The horror is not that a worker is making good money. That is NOT a bad thing. The question is, is he earning it honestly. And if not, why isn't Ford doing something about it?
                        Are you this naive about how unions operate, or are you just defending your clients here?

I can see why you defend them so much if you've no idea how they really work.
                        "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
                        Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Originally posted by Asher

I can see why you defend them so much if you've no idea how they really work.
                          Other than me being the founder and President of my local, yeah, I guess you're right.

Comment

I wish Lonestar wasn't a Ford union boss.
                            money sqrt evil;
                            My literacy level are appalling.

Comment

Originally posted by DanS
                              There is a lot of competition among plants to see which will survive and which will not.

The context was more than clear enough.
                              The statement is nonsensical. A union leader job does not include drumming up business.

Comment

Working...
                              X