Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Would arabs/Iranians use nukes if they got them?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm sure that the pipelines tend to go through some major cities.

And if you don't think that nuking of major cities would not have major implications for the continued supply of oil, you are nuts.
    “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
    - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

I'm sure that the pipelines tend to go through some major cities.
      You're wrong...

Comment

So That Riyadh there, doesn't exist (it is close enough that it'd severely disrupt the pipeline)?

And the pipelines that deliver oil to Isreal and the Med ports go through Tikrit, Hadithia, and not too far from Amman. And other pipelines run right next to Kuwait City. Most of the southern Iraqi pipelines run next to Al Basrah.

Furthermore, once again, if you think that destroying the countries that pump the oil wouldn't slow down the flow then you are bat**** crazy.
        “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”

Comment

So That Riyadh there, doesn't exist (it is close enough that it'd severely disrupt the pipeline)?
          No, it's not close enough to disrupt the pipeline.

Furthermore, once again, if you think that destroying the countries that pump the oil wouldn't slow down the flow then you are bat**** crazy.
          Nice try on moving the goalposts. I, of course, never argued this.

Comment

Even if the oil fields were destroyed, what's the more intelligent response for Europe and Asia? Help the U.S. rebuild and get the oil flowing again? Or start WWIII and ensure the deaths of millions of your own citizens?

Yes, "help" a genocidal maniac like the President of the US who just nuked about a billion people. They'd never go for it. Hell, you'd probably get a rebellion in the US, and Europe and Asia would back the rebels.

Comment

Originally posted by Naked Gents Rut
              No, it's not close enough to disrupt the pipeline.
              It looks to be about 100 miles. Not nearly far enough to avoid effects of a nuclear blast.

Comment

Offer China control of half the oil and they'd do all the rebuilding for us.

It looks to be about 100 miles. Not nearly far enough to avoid effects of a nuclear blast.
                Are you serious? You don't have any idea how big a nuclear blast really is, do you?

Comment

Here is where the pipelines go in Iraq (a destruction of Al Basrah would be catastrophic to the flow of oil):

Comment

As for Europe and Asia, they don't give a **** about the Muslim world so long as the oil keeps flowing. They're not going to fight WWIII against the U.S. over their non-existent concerns for the well-being of Muslims.
                    Your cynicism is wrong on so many levels. Europe and its people are more than simply 'high politics', zero-sum games and profit driven rational decisions.

They're our neighbours, we trade with them and hell many European countries have a very significant muslim population. If we don't care about the well-being of muslims, then we're in for a rough ride. We'll have destabilization, terrorist attacks and a major disruption all around.

Quit spouting such insanities. It's disturbing
                    "An archaeologist is the best husband a women can have; the older she gets, the more interested he is in her." - Agatha Christie
                    "Non mortem timemus, sed cogitationem mortis." - Seneca

Comment

Europe and its people are more than simply 'high politics', zero-sum games and profit driven rational decisions.
                      Bull****. Europeans are the most amoral and bloodthirsty people on the planet.

Comment

I'm sure some of them are yeah.
                        "An archaeologist is the best husband a women can have; the older she gets, the more interested he is in her." - Agatha Christie

Comment

The Belgians are the worst. The things you did in the Congo are absolutely vile.

Comment

Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui
                            Here is where the pipelines go in Iraq (a destruction of Al Basrah would be catastrophic to the flow of oil):

The Saudis could always open the closed pipeline from Iraq to Saudi Arabia. Alternatively, flow could be increased to the pipelines from Iraq to Turkey or Syria.
                            Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui
                              Define "support".

Also a lot of these terrorist groups would be counting on the US to retaliate and overreact. That's how they gain new recruits (people thinking maybe the West is that bad).
                              You're on crack.

Glass supports no one.
                              (\__/)
                              (='.'=)
                              (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

The Belgians are the worst. The things you did in the Congo are absolutely vile.
                                If you want battle over which nation committed the cruelest things in the 19th century we could be talking about the extinction and expulsion of native Americans too.

Give me break, trollboy

Comment

Working...
                                X