Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nicolas Cage's emotional performance

I mean the lack of it.

What the hell happened to him? Granted, he was an action star mostly, but Bangkok Dangerous, what the hell? Can he look more retarded? YEah I know, he was a hitman, it was his "emotional world" or whatever.

Is he even on the B-list of actors these days? Does someone actually pay him a million dollars, or potentially millions of dollars to go BAAAAAAAAA BAAAAAAAA BAAAAAAAAAAAAA in front of a camera?

Are action movies dead? If not, then who are the action heroes? Sly is gone, Arnie is gone, few never were to begin with. What's happening to the classic 80s genre? We're all about Jude Law these days, like uuuh listen to my accent, look at my blue eyes and feminine features. NO! NO NO NO! Where are the dudes with testosterone, big guns and lots of blazing?! Saying things like "Let's get my laundry" or "let's go to eat" after a shooting event.
    In da butt.
    "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
    THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
    "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Who are the kids going to look up in movies these days?

I remember trying to kick people in the head like Van Damme, I remember trying to lift people up like the terminator, you know, and now? Should the kids these days try to cry like ... I don't know, some of these feminine bastards we idolize these days.

We have only one promising and good actor, Christian Bale, but he can't do 100 movies a year now can he?
    In da butt.
    "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius

Comment

He was never, ever good
      "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
      Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

That's a fair point.
        In da butt.

Comment

Originally posted by Asher
          He was never, ever good
          He was. End of discussion.
          DISCLAIMER: the author of the above written texts does not warrant or assume any legal liability or responsibility for any offence and insult; disrespect, arrogance and related forms of demeaning behaviour; discrimination based on race, gender, age, income class, body mass, living area, political voting-record, football fan-ship and musical preference; insensitivity towards material, emotional or spiritual distress; and attempted emotional or financial black-mailing, skirt-chasing or death-threats perceived by the reader of the said written texts.

Comment

No. End of discussion.
            "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
            Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Nicolas Cage has always been high on my annoying crap actor scala for his retarded look, somewhere between Steven Segal and Chuck Norris.
              "The world is too small in Vorarlberg". Austrian ex-vice-chancellor Hubert Gorbach in a letter to Alistar [sic] Darling, looking for a job...
              "Let me break this down for you, fresh from algebra II. A 95% chance to win 5 times means a (95*5) chance to win = 475% chance to win." Wiglaf, Court jester or hayseed, you judge.

Comment

He made some decent movies but he was always overrated as an actor and now people are coming to their senses.

Comment

Originally posted by Wernazuma III
                  Nicolas Cage has always been high on my annoying crap actor scala for his retarded look, somewhere between Steven Segal and Chuck Norris.
                  Did you just call THE CHUCKSTER, HIS CHUCK-NESS, MR Miyagi's worse nightmare, all terrorists,redneck's and such .......RETARDED?

I want to save your life Wernazuma III

Here are some things you need to know when assaulting hallowed ground..

Now, go and sin no more sir
                  Hi, I'm RAH and I'm a Benaholic.-rah

Comment

"I remember trying to kick people in the head like Van Damme"

"Wait a minute..this isn''t FAUX dive, it's just a DIVE!"
                    "...Mangy dog staggering about, looking vainly for a place to die."
                    "sauna stories? There are no 'sauna stories'.. I mean.. sauna is sauna. You do by the laws of sauna." -P.

Comment

... and say, "read between the lines."
                      In da butt.

Comment

I never thought much of Cage as a serious actor. He's OK for crap like National Treasure and Ghost Rider. When he tries to do "serious acting" he tends to be whiny and annoying.
                        Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                        RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

Originally posted by -Jrabbit
                          I never thought much of Cage as a serious actor. He's OK for crap like National Treasure and Ghost Rider. When he tries to do "serious acting" he tends to be whiny and annoying.
                          Like The Rock

Face Off

Raising Arizona?

ConAir..........I dun think so

World Trade Center

Windtalkers

Bringing out the Dead

City of Angels

Firbirds

Those are but a few..but..so so acting
                          Hi, I'm RAH and I'm a Benaholic.-rah

Comment

Originally posted by Pekka
                            Who are the kids going to look up in movies these days?

I remember trying to kick people in the head like Van Damme, I remember trying to lift people up like the terminator, you know, and now? Should the kids these days try to cry like ... I don't know, some of these feminine bastards we idolize these days.

We have only one promising and good actor, Christian Bale, but he can't do 100 movies a year now can he?
                            Cage has always sucked, but since you mention girly men, don't forget Stallone was like boohoo I'm just a poor Rocky trying to make it in this world, and as Rambo whaawhaa my buddies were like killed and stuff and meanwhile Arnie lies to people and throws them off cliffs. You didn't mention Jason Statham so maybe you haven't seen Crank, might be something you'd like. If you want to see a real man playing a real man watch Soylent Green but it's not really action and yes it is old.

I don't mind action movies dying action = boring but so are these "men".

Comment

Valley Girl
                              And indeed there will be time To wonder, "Do I dare?" and, "Do I dare?". t s eliot

Comment

Working...
                              X