5 men convicted of conspiracy to kill US soldiers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 5 men convicted of conspiracy to kill US soldiers

Life in prison?!? Judas priest! Give them the axe! The rope! The needle! Something besides 3 square meals a day.
    Anyway, they failed. The putangs.

(AP)
    Mohamad Ibrahim Shnewer reacts in a court hall after his son, Mohamad Ibrahim Shnewer and four other Muslim immigrants were convicted Monday of plotting to massacre U.S. soldiers at a New Jersey military installation in a case that tested the FBI's post-Sept. 11, 2001, strategy of infiltrating and breaking up terrorist conspiracies in their earliest stages. The men could get life in prison when they are sentenced in April.
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
    "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
    He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

It was just a month or two that the Supremes ruled that there could be no death penalty for a crime which did not involve an actual murder.

BTW: Just how long do you think these guys will last in an American prison?

Comment

A day and a half, tops.
      Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.

Comment

Originally posted by SlowwHand
        A day and a half, BOTTOM, after they learn who Neal and Bob are .
        FIXED
        Hi, I'm RAH and I'm a Benaholic.-rah

Comment

Did you know, that in Finland, preparing to murder, yes, MURDER (in the very meaning of the word, not just killing, but murdering) is not illegal? Now you know. A month ago ministry of justice said that we would like to change this, because obviously it should be a crime.

But hey, we all know it's wrong, why legislate it?

Uh ummm... wait.
          In da butt.
          "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
          THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
          "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

Well, that's ridiculous. So you have to wait for a successful attempt? That makes sense. No, not really.
            It doesn't make ****sense.

Comment

Aren't we in a war?
              “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
              "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

Minority report
                "Ceterum censeo Ben esse expellendum."

Comment

they are quite cute
                  "I realise I hold the key to freedom,
                  I cannot let my life be ruled by threads" The Web Frogs
                  Middle East!

Comment

A crime was prevented. Those plotting the crime won't be committing any more crimes. Sounds like justice served to me.

/me shrugs
                    Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
                    "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

Well, that's ridiculous. So you have to wait for a successful attempt?
                      It doesn't make ****sense.
                      Give them the axe! The rope! The needle!
                      "post reported"Winston, on the barricades for freedom of speech
                      "I don't like laws all over the world. Doesn't mean I am going to do anything but post about it."Jon Miller

Comment

oh, the family and muslim organisations claim it was all a harmless talk and anyway, all was instigated by teh evil informators

yes, the FBI MADE THEM become extremists, MADE them come up with an idea of a terrorist attack, MADE THEM prepare to commit it, and MADE THEM talk about it.
                        "I realise I hold the key to freedom,
                        I cannot let my life be ruled by threads" The Web Frogs
                        Middle East!

Comment

Silly FBI.

Comment

Whenever US accuses anyone of terrorism there is a good chance they are innocent.

Comment

FBI informants have been known to get pretenders to focus on plans to be real. Then the Government eat them for breakfast when they do what the infiltrators suggest. However, in this case that seems secondary to their own intentions to do something.

The prosecution focused on the fact that this crew liked Osama Bin Laden as though it would be a surprise that Middle Easterners admire his guts in standing up to the west. The ploy seemed to work with the jury.
                              No matter where you go, there you are. - Buckaroo Banzai
                              "I played it [Civilization] for three months and then realised I hadn't done any work. In the end, I had to delete all the saved files and smash the CD." Iain Banks, author

Comment

Working...
                              X