Help me name that German movie

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help me name that German movie

I watched it about 10 years ago, back to back with "Go Trabi Go!" which was a lot of fun.

The main plot is darker though. It concerns a teenage girl who escapes from her abusive stepfather. (There's a scene when he sprays her with freezing water from a shower head in the bathroom.) The girl escapes and meets a traveling pair of grown men, who are on their way to a girlfriend's house in the countryside. At first she thinks they are gay, but when they arrive she realizes they both have girlfriends there. At one scene in the movie one of the men makes love to his girl while she's on the phone, a scene that evidently influenced my behavior years later...

Somewhere along the way the stepfather, who's either police or ex-military, catches up with the two men in a hotel or something. In the ensuing fight, the stepfather is killed and the men become wanted fugitives. As the film progresses and they continue to evade capture, they are mistaken for heavily armed dangerous killers.

They are eventually able to put the girl on a plane to leave the country. Outside the airport, they are met by special forces police, who open fire on them and cut them down. Looking up from the tarmac, they see the plane take off with the girl, taking her to her new life and future, and the film ends.

Does anybody know what movie this is? I'm pretty sure it's German, pre-2000, and may have been before the Wall came down, I'm not sure.
    "lol internet" ~ AAHZ

BeBro ? (asking him, as i have no idea, unfortunately)

Comment

Has to be Wolfgang Petersen's Das Boot.

It's all in the interpretation.

Comment

Winston doesn't know any other German movies I take it. I really did laugh out loud on seeing that "interpretation" response.
        No matter where you go, there you are. - Buckaroo Banzai
        "I played it [Civilization] for three months and then realised I hadn't done any work. In the end, I had to delete all the saved files and smash the CD." Iain Banks, author

Comment

Well, i dont know that many other ones either (thats because i neither watch TV when alone nor do i go to the movies). Actually i pondered the possible answer: ´It´s not ´Das Boot´, so i dont know it.´ I could actually watch it again... maybe tomorrow...

Comment

Postmodern mailmen
            In Soviet Russia, Fake borises YOU.

Comment

Der Flatermauzhnetmeingotteinflozenvatuntschreiber
              I'm consitently stupid- Japher
              I think that opinion in the United States is decidedly different from the rest of the world because we have a free press -- by free, I mean a virgorously presented right wing point of view on the air and available to all.- Ned

Comment

I take it it ain't possible for me to look into this board without feeling sh!t for my compatriots.

No idea about that movie BTW.

Comment

Just for the record: The word Theben just made up is certainly not a german one (though it does contain some german words). The most prominent example of a long german composition-word would be:

Das Donaudampfschifffahrtsgesellschaftskapitänsmützen-rangabzeichen.

(note the triple ´f´)

The Donubesteamboartcompanycaptainshatranksymbol

The last word of the composition defines the gender BTW.

(EDIT: It actually seems like this forum cant handle words of that length, so i had to split it with the ´-´)

Comment

"Knäckebrödsmaskinsoperatörsutbildningen" was a choice for secondary education after high school back in the mid 80's. Directly translated it means "Crisp bread machine operators education"
                    I love being beaten by women - Lorizael

Comment

i think i could have figured the meaning

Comment

In the ensuing fight, the stepfather is killed and the men become wanted fugitives.

Stackenblochen
                        The books that the world calls immoral are the books that show the world its own shame. Oscar Wilde.

Comment

Originally posted by Unimatrix11
                          Just for the record: The word Theben just made up is certainly not a german one
                          And just who in the heck is "Theben"?

Comment

Originally posted by Winston

And just who in the heck is "Theben"?

Tehban. The name's difficult to spell, so I can understand the confusion.
                            B♭3

Comment

Ah.

I wish people would be more careful and not keep making these foolish mistakes time and time again.

---

Hovedstadssporvognskonduktørkasketskyggelak

Capital-streetcar-conductor's-cap-peak/brim-wax

Comment

Working...
                              X