Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

are we just going to sit and take it... and keep taking it..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• are we just going to sit and take it... and keep taking it..

unemployment is 6.7%

Only 38 percent of unemployed Americans receive benefits

New claims for unemployment benefits reached their highest level in 26 years last week, as companies cut workers at a rapid pace.

our economy is in shambles. we are paying for bailouts of banks and industries. there is outrage over CEO's and their parachute pay packages and private jets and spa retreats while the average worker is dumped on and laid off and has their wages frozen. AND NOW... CONGRESS IS GIVING THEMSELVES A PAYRAISE AND THEY ARE VOTING PAY RAISES FOR JUDGES. and who is paying for all that... WE ARE!!!!!!!!!!!

WHEN ARE WE GOING TO PUT OUR HEADS OUTSIDE AND SCREAM
    I HAVE HAD ENOUGH... write your congress. write the newspapers.. write it anywhere
    lets YELL LOUD ENOUGH... do you think they will hear us.

Find your senator and write, email or phone

find your representative and write, email or phone

are we just going to sit and take it... and keep taking it..

I CAN'T HEAR YOU.
    "If you obey all the rules, you miss all the fun." -Katherine Hepburn

You should vote that Bush guy out and give the Democrats a chance.
    Jon Miller: MikeH speaks the truth
    Jon Miller: MikeH is a shockingly revolting dolt and a masturbatory urine-reeking sideshow freak whose word is as valuable as an aging cow paddy.
    We've got both kinds

Comment

Boann, I find your use of Berzerker's avatar very confusing.
      Nice to see you around, though.
      Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
      RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

Any link to Congress giving themselves a payraise? Or is it general COLA increases?
        “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
        - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

-Jrabbit well if you can remember far enough back to the time of civ 2 tribe wars then you would know that I adopted that beautiful avatar for our tribe.. which i was a very proud member of with Berzerker
          Last edited by boann; December 11, 2008, 13:41.

Comment

yes, Imran,

it is (COLA) which occurs automatically unless the House explicitly votes to eliminate it for that year

they get their raises every year regardless of the state of the economy.

Our leadership appears to believe that cost-of-living adjustments make sense for Congressmen, but that cost-of-living adjustments do not make sense for working people making the minimum wage.

Comment

look at this as the nature rewarding for your majority of voters getting Bush in twice
              Socrates: "Good is That at which all things aim, If one knows what the good is, one will always do what is good." Brian: "Romanes eunt domus"
              GW 2013: "and juistin bieber is gay with me and we have 10 kids we live in u.s.a in the white house with obama"

Comment

Originally posted by MikeH
                You should vote that Bush guy out and give the Democrats a chance.

hey i think we did that

Comment

Re: judges. My understanding is that Congress has voted to block any such raises for judges numerous times since 1993, so their pay really is behind the curve. I've no objections to increasing their pay, as I'd rather we attract qualified people to being judges instead of lowballing them on salary.
                  Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

Originally posted by Boris Godunov
                    Re: judges. My understanding is that Congress has voted to block any such raises for judges numerous times since 1993, so their pay really is behind the curve. I've no objections to increasing their pay, as I'd rather we attract qualified people to being judges instead of lowballing them on salary.
                    There's no problem attracting judges to the federal bench. My state judges I know would give anything to have lifetime tenure and the status of being a federal judge.

Comment

Originally posted by Zkribbler
                      There's no problem attracting judges to the federal bench. My state judges I know would give anything to have lifetime tenure and the status of being a federal judge.
                      I was referring to good judges. You live in California.
                      Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

Hey Boann

I Agree in general

JM
                        Jon Miller-
                        I AM.CANADIAN
                        GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

Originally posted by boann

hey i think we did that
                          Well done. In another 4 or 8 years you can toss them out and bring back the other guys.

Choice.
                          "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
                          "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

cost of living raises in general are ok...
                            its just not right.. for right now.
                            they expect everyone else to tighten their belts...
                            well what about their own belts?

Comment

My company is not doing a COLA.

Comment

Working...
                              X