Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Urgent question! Not sure who else to ask because it's pretty strange/retarded.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Urgent question! Not sure who else to ask because it's pretty strange/retarded.

Okay, so last time I was at the store the checkout guy accidentally put two packages of Shick razors into my grocery bag and so I'd thought I'd give them a try (normally I use an electric razor). Hell why not, free razors!

Today, I was at my parent's home and I asked them if they had any shaving cream on hand and my mom gave me a can of Gillette found in their laundry room of all places.

As soon as I popped the cap I noticed some rust stains. A little suspicious, I inspected the can and found out that it had expired 25 years ago. This relic of the 80s has been sitting underneath the sink next to heavy duty bathroom and floors cleaners for a quarter of a century.

I'm pondering on if I should even use it. I sprayed a little into my sink and it smells kind of unusual and it's not quite a foam... more like a state of matter that has yet to be identified by physicists. I didn't want to put it on my face because I wasn't sure if the chemicals in the foam had broken down into some horribly unstable compound that causes cancer or something.

I feel if I actually buy shaving cream, my feelings of victory will be shattered since I will have to spend money to use something I got for free. That's bullsh*t! I tried a dry shave and... well it wasn't a good idea.

So what's Apolyton's advice? Should I use the 25 year old can of shaving cream and see what happens or throw it away?
    Yes
    0%
    No
    0%
    Use banana cream instead
    0%

You don't actually need shaving cream.

Comment

Some men have sensitive skin. They do need shaving cream.
      "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
      Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

rust-contaminated foam + cut = tetanus (possibly)
        Unbelievable!

Comment

I mean, do you really have to ask that?? Really??

NO.
          If you don't like reality, change it! me
          "Oh no! I am bested!" Drake
          "it is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong" Voltaire
          "Patriotism is a pernecious, psychopathic form of idiocy" George Bernard Shaw

Comment

I know nothing of what happens when stale-dated shaving cream is applied to the human face.

...BUT...there must be some reason they put an expiration date on the can.

I say you test it first. Maybe on the family dog or on an ancient aunt that you no longer need.

Comment

I use good old bar soap to shave.

ACK!
              Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

Originally posted by GePap
                I mean, do you really have to ask that?? Really??

NO.
                Why not ask? For all I know it could become even better with age just like vintage wine.

Comment

Yeah, when is the last time you went to a store to buy aged shaving cream, circa 1980?
                  If you don't like reality, change it! me
                  "Oh no! I am bested!" Drake
                  "it is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong" Voltaire
                  "Patriotism is a pernecious, psychopathic form of idiocy" George Bernard Shaw

Comment

Use it, then post pics here so we can point and laugh...
                    I love being beaten by women - Lorizael

Comment

Shaving cream is cheap, buy some.
                      Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                      "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                      He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

... Use hair conditioner

Really I'm not kidding
                        bleh

Comment

Here's another vote for bar soap. It's what I use. Or just use the electric shaver.
                          1011 1100
                          Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

Yes, any lubricant can be used. Plain hot water will work (if you have tough skin) Soap, (i use it frequently) Hair conditioner, body lotion, liquid soap, etc. Be creative. I doubt there's anything in old foamy that will hurt you.
                            It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                            RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

I shave just with water

JM
                              Jon Miller-
                              I AM.CANADIAN
                              GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

Working...
                              X