I'm going to the liquor store to buy gin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just make sure it's in that order. Reversing it can be quite dangerous
    The undeserving maintain power by promoting hysteria.

Comment

Sapphire

I like it in my martinis . For a gin and tonic, just about anything will do, as the tonic overwhelms the flavor for the most part anyway.
      “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
      - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

At least someone agrees with me -- even if it is someone who disagrees with me about nearly everything else. Any other gin recommendations Imran?

I agree on overwhelming tonic thing -- except in the case of Tanq. That juniper/evergreen thing still sneaks through.
        The undeserving maintain power by promoting hysteria.

Comment

Gin is supposed to taste like juniper.

Comment

Originally posted by DirtyMartini
            At least someone agrees with me -- even if it is someone who disagrees with me about nearly everything else. Any other gin recommendations Imran?

I agree on overwhelming tonic thing -- except in the case of Tanq. That juniper/evergreen thing still sneaks through.
            That's why Tanq is best gin for G&T. WSJ even said so. For martinis (although I'm not that much a fan), regular Bombay works good. Actually even for those, I want about 4 olives to cut the sheer alcohol.

Comment

Originally posted by TCO
              I'm tired. Time to puke and sleep.
              hahahahahahahahahaha

That about sums up your life.

I pity you.
              Yes, let's be optimistic until we have reason to be otherwise...No, let's be pessimistic until we are forced to do otherwise...Maybe, let's be balanced until we are convinced to do otherwise. -- DrSpike, Skanky Burns, Shogun Gunner
              ...aisdhieort...dticcok...

Comment

Actually even for those, I want about 4 olives to cut the sheer alcohol.

Sheer alcohol in martinis
                “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Originally posted by Nikolai
                  I'd go for a bottle of whisky if I were you.
                  A good single malt
                  And indeed there will be time To wonder, "Do I dare?" and, "Do I dare?". t s eliot

Comment

Originally posted by Supr49er

A good single malt
                    and a bottle of crap whisky - drink the single until sufficient drunk, then switch to the crappy to fry the brain.
                    With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

I just mix a little water and ice with any whiskey to make it palatable.

Comment

You missed my point - first you enjoy the good taste of a qarter to half a liter of good single malt, then you switch to the crap to preserve the good stuff for tomorrow.
                        With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

I understood your point. My comment is a segue.

Comment

BTW, your name seems to ring a bell. Have we chatted in the past?

Comment

Nope, but I'm pretty shure that we have argued in several threads here in OT.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

That's what I meant. I hope you were kind to me.

Comment

Working...
                                X