Black Friday!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Black Friday!

So what are you buying? I'm thinking about replacing my old Canon PowerShot S400 Digital Elph with a new 10.2 megapixal version. Other then that I'm mostly not buying anything this year. What about you?
    Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

That camera is kind of my wet dream point and shoot camera but I haven't found it on sale any where yet.

Comment

you are better off buying Panasonic LX3 for that kind of money... but that's just me & lower MP canons probably do better overall (unless the camera has some other specific function that you need)
      Socrates: "Good is That at which all things aim, If one knows what the good is, one will always do what is good." Brian: "Romanes eunt domus"
      GW 2013: "and juistin bieber is gay with me and we have 10 kids we live in u.s.a in the white house with obama"

Comment

I'm waiting a couple days, until off-white Monday.
        No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

Paint.

$8.99 per gallon with an $8.00 per gallon mail in rebate.
          Founder of The Glory of War, CHAMPIONS OF APOLYTON!!!
          1992-Perot , 1996-Perot , 2000-Bush , 2004-Bush :|, 2008-Obama :|, 2012-Obama , 2016-Clinton , 2020-Biden

Comment

Is everyone cutting back this year or are there a few people planning on going on a spending spree?

Comment

Wifey and I have been on a pretty tight budget for near on 2 years, since New Years resolution 2007. Debt is manageable but not at the level we want so our present fund is the same it was last year. With school, a new job, and 2 kids money is always tight.
              Monkey!!!

Comment

Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Was thinking about putting 100,000 into US equities. This is essentially all my savings (absent couple anemic 401Ks)

Comment

DOW 6000 with in the next 12 months. Mark my words. :smoke:

Comment

optimist eh?
                      Order of the Fly
                      Those that cannot curse, cannot heal.

Comment

Hey, thanks Sloww. That's actually very helpful.

Comment

Wal-Mart worker trampled to death

Shoppers stampede as Long Island store opens
                          Nov 28, 2008 11:28 AM
                          Be the first to comment on this article...
                          COLLEEN LONG
                          Associated Press Writer

NEW YORK– A Wal-Mart worker died after a throng of unruly shoppers broke down the doors and trampled him moments after the Long Island store opened early Friday for day-after-Thanksgiving bargain hunting, police said.

Wal-Mart Stores Inc., in Bentonville, Ark., would not confirm the reports of a stampede at the Valley Stream outlet but said a ``medical emergency" had caused them to close the store.

"Local authorities are looking into the situation," said Wal-Mart representative Dan Fogleman. "Until such time that they've completed their assessment it would be inappropriate for me to share any additional information.''

The 34-year-old Wal-Mart worker was taken to a hospital, where he was pronounced dead at about 6 a.m., Nassau County police said. The exact cause of death had not been determined, and the man's name was not released.

A 28-year-old pregnant woman and three other shoppers suffered minor injuries and also were taken to hospitals for observation, said Nassau County police Lt. Michael Fleming of the Fifth Squad.

Police said the shoppers knocked the man to the ground at 5:03 a.m., three minutes after the store opened. It wasn't immediately clear how large the crowd was.

Shoppers around the country lined up early outside stores Friday in the annual bargain hunting ritual known as Black Friday. It got that name because it's historically been the day when stores broke into profitability for the full year.

Many stores open early and stay open late. The Valley Stream Wal-Mart usually opens at 9 a.m.

Nassau County police were at the scene investigating.
                          "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
                          Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

People sure do like a sale.

Comment

newegg is usually very competitive.
                              Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                              "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                              He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Working...
                              X