No announcement yet.

Chinese Man says he's been tortured, goes Terminator in result, gets executed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chinese Man says he's been tortured, goes Terminator in result, gets executed

Police killer executed in China

By Chris Hogg
    BBC News, Shanghai

Yang Jia on trial in Shanghai (file photo)
    There were protests in support of Yang outside the court during his trial

A 28-year-old man convicted of killing six policemen in Shanghai has been executed, Chinese state media reports.

Yang Jia forced his way into a Shanghai police station and stabbed the men.

Police said Yang, who was from Beijing, told them his attack was in revenge for torture he had suffered while being interrogated about a stolen bicycle.

Yang received strong public support inside China, with thousands of comments posted on the internet about the way police treat ordinary people.

Yang had tried to sue the police for psychological damage, but the claim was rejected.

Hailed as a hero

Yang Jia had thrown petrol bombs at the police station to create a diversion. Then he had burst inside and started slashing at officers with a knife. Six were killed and four injured.

Local media reported claims by Yang that he had been beaten in detention - claims denied by the police.

But the case prompted thousands of people to comment on message boards and blogs. Many of the comments were removed by the censors. Some on the internet had even hailed Yang as a hero.

Yang was put on trial in September. There were protests in his support outside the court.

He was convicted and the case was referred to the Supreme Court. He received the backing of the artist Ai WeiWei who designed the Olympic Stadium, the Bird's Nest.

But the state news agency Xinhua says the higher court upheld the sentence. Yang Jia was executed early on Wednesday.
    BBC, News, BBC News, news online, world, uk, international, foreign, british, online, service

This is absurd. No excuse for killing the policers (this is a short term for police officers I just made up but which costs me lots of time to explain), but if he's right with the torture claim the entire thing could have been avoided by simply treating people properly.
    Blah

What's the method of execution in China? Isn't it a shot to the head?
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
    "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
    He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Six policemen allowed themselves to be stabbed to death by one man? This guy wasn't terminator, he was "Jaws" or "Odd Job". I thought that Chinese police carried side arms? They couldn't manage to shoot him?
      "I say shoot'em all and let God sort it out in the end!

Comment

Exactly my thoughts as well. EVEN unarmed, I mean it's difficult to kill 6 people with a knife, so they actually die. Plus, being tortured for stealing a bicycle? Jeesh.
        In da butt.
        "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
        THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
        "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

They drew First Blood not me Colonel, they drew First Blood.
          Once you start down the dark path, forever will it dominate your destiny, consume you it will, as it did Obi Wan's apprentice.

Comment

I'm amazed that there is enough anger in China to support this guy killing 6 police officers. That is a pretty damn extreme, violent step to take, but yet a lot of people see him as a hero. That says something very important about how fed up they are.

It is also important to note that people were protesting at his trial. The police were tolerant enough to allow it and the people were brave enough to do it.

Democracy is on the march.

Or violent revolution...
            Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

Oh sure, when a Chinese man kills six Chinese police officers he's a hero, but when the Tibetans do it. . .
              “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
              "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

Originally posted by OzzyKP
                Democracy is on the march.

Or violent revolution...
                Well, revolution *is* democracy.
                Graffiti in a public toilet
                Do not require skill or wit
                Among the **** we all are poets
                Among the poets we are ****.

Comment

Originally posted by OzzyKP
                  I'm amazed that there is enough anger in China to support this guy killing 6 police officers. That is a pretty damn extreme, violent step to take, but yet a lot of people see him as a hero. That says something very important about how fed up they are.
                  That was my thought. That many people don't get that pissed off unless something real is causing it.

Comment

Maybe he held them at knife point and forced them to drink baby milk.
                    Long time member @ Apolyton
                    Civilization player since the dawn of time

Comment

I'd say that's a definite possibility. Good point.
                      Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                      "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                      He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Let us not forget the alternatives, forcing them to take cough medicine, or even play with lead painted kids toys.

This plot may have been more diabolical than first considered.

Perhaps he dragged the cops out and forced them to go into a kindergarden school built without rebar in an earthquake prone area.
                        Long time member @ Apolyton
                        Civilization player since the dawn of time

Comment

Could we have another boxer rebellion? USMC, get ready.

Comment

Asian killing spree Old Boy style

Comment

Working...
                            X