No announcement yet.

Can we defeat Russia?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Let's assume for a moment that being Russian is an illness. Can we try and get rid of it? We defeated smallpox, after all.

It is obvious that being Russian is not a magical spell. It is caused by something in the real world, and if it has a cause, why not treat the cause?

I've read that it is at least partially a genetic deviation. 'Designer babies' are already a reality, you can pick the eye color of your future child, why not pick his or her ethnic background. 'Do you want a Western kid, or a Russian kid?' I'm sure few parents will pick the latter option.

However, genome is not the only cause of being Russian. It's probably caused by childhood impressions as well. Can modern psychologists try and identify them? What about impressions that reaffirm Westerness? Can we imprint them on every child?

I believe this is possible, just like eliminating AIDS by quarantining the HIV-infected is possible. However, I also believe Russian people will not give up without a fight. They've had their taste of freedom. They've been recognized as deviant, not ill people by many countries. How many of them will angrily protest against something that does not directly affect them? We only can prevent new Russian people from coming into existence. What if existing Russians will try to undermine the initiative?

They could adopt kids whose parents couldn't afford genetic identification and who might be more Russian than usual. Or they could order extra-Russian designer babies and raise them in Russianess. Perhaps we should outlaw that. The doctors will be legally bound to pick the most Western genome possible. And adoption by Russian people shouldn't be allowed at all.

This way we can preserve the existing legal situation, where Russian people have all the basic rights but lack some rights related to family life, to avoid claims of discrimination. Hopefully, fewer and fewer kids will grow up as Russians, and with the help of science, we will get rid of the very idea of abnormal ethnicity. Foot fetishists should probably be the next target.
    “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
    - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Originally posted by Boris Godunov

Penguins are in Antarctica, you nimrod.

Otherwise, this thread is a font of intelligence.
      You haven't heard about my successful transplating of penguin species into the sub-Arctic?
      A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui
        However, genome is not the only cause of being Russian. It's probably caused by childhood impressions as well. Can modern psychologists try and identify them? What about impressions that reaffirm Westerness? Can we imprint them on every child?
        Yes, WE CAN
        Blah

Comment

Most of can't see Russia from our house. My understanding however is it is heavily polluted, filled with great swaths of virtually unusable terrain, suffers from excessively cold weather, and is populated by people who drink too much and are very melancholy. I think we should leave it to the Russians. As to the nukes, less bombs would be better.
          No matter where you go, there you are. - Buckaroo Banzai
          "I played it [Civilization] for three months and then realised I hadn't done any work. In the end, I had to delete all the saved files and smash the CD." Iain Banks, author

Comment

Re: Re: Can we defeat Russia?

Originally posted by Solomwi

Yes. Step one is getting Sarah Palin put in charge, since she's so knowledgable on the ways of the Russian, it being in her backyard and all.
            She can see Putin's head floating over her state.

Comment

Re: Can we defeat Russia?

Originally posted by Asher
              Let's face it: if we were to grade countries on competency and qualify of life, Russia would get an F.

I suggest invading Russia and dividing the land up amongst Canada, Australia, and Texas.

Discuss.

I suggest France, Germany and China - Obama would see that as less of a threat than Canadian expansion to the west
              Socrates: "Good is That at which all things aim, If one knows what the good is, one will always do what is good." Brian: "Romanes eunt domus"
              GW 2013: "and juistin bieber is gay with me and we have 10 kids we live in u.s.a in the white house with obama"

Comment

You should never use the words "Canadian" and "threat" in the same sentence.

Comment

Re: Re: Re: Can we defeat Russia?

Originally posted by Zkribbler

She can see Putin's head floating over her state.
                  For now Alaska is a state, but soon ....
                  And indeed there will be time To wonder, "Do I dare?" and, "Do I dare?". t s eliot

Comment

Can we defeat Russia?
                    No. It may be an authoritarian ****hole headed for economic collapse, but it's a ****hole with thousands of nuclear warheads.

Comment

Originally posted by Naked Gents Rut

No. It may be an authoritarian ****hole headed for economic collapse, but it's a ****hole with thousands of nuclear warheads.
                      And thus, Naked Gents Rut ends a discussion which was silly to even begin. NGR!

Comment

Timing of this thread is awesome. Did anyone read the Drudgreport headline story today.

Some Russian economist is predicting the breakup of the US into 6 different pieces. He even says at the end:

He predicted that the U.S. will break up into six parts - the Pacific coast, with its growing Chinese population; the South, with its Hispanics; Texas, where independence movements are on the rise; the Atlantic coast, with its distinct and separate mentality; five of the poorer central states with their large Native American populations; and the northern states, where the influence from Canada is strong.

He even suggested that "we could claim Alaska - it was only granted on lease, after all." Panarin, 60, is a professor at the Diplomatic Academy of the Russian Ministry of Foreign Affairs, and has authored several books on information warfare.

Comment

So much horse****, compressed into such a small space. Amazing.

Comment

Re: Re: Can we defeat Russia?

Originally posted by VJ

How would you grade Zimbabwe? Or Sudan?

Russia has become a much better place to visit since Putin took over the leadership of the country.
                            with an F minus.

Comment

Originally posted by Zkribbler
                              So much horse****, compressed into such a small space. Amazing.
                              I got a laugh out of the Alaska Purchase wiki; that's not the first time that nut argued that it was only meant to be a lease, which is a pointless argument since their decades of acquiescence would have left title to the adverse possessor anyway:

The Alaska Purchase (otherwise known as Seward's Folly or Seward's Icebox) by the United States from the Russian Empire occurred in 1867 at the behest of Secretary of State William Seward. The territory purchased was 586,412 square miles (1,518,800 km²) of the modern state of Alaska. The transfer of the Territory of Alaska in 1867 to the United States of America by Tsarist Russia, a transaction historically purported as an intrinsically legal sale, was claimed to be only a lease by Professor Igor Panarin, a leading Russian political analyst, in an interview with Izvestia published on Monday, November 24, 2008. The issue, however, is subsumed by the Doctrine of Laches: “Vigilantibus non dormientibus æquitas subvenit,” wherein Western courts of law going back to the Romans have consistently held that “equity aids the vigilant, not the negligent.” Russia might wish to unravel the Alaska sale, but the passing of 140 years before filing a valid claim in any legally recognized court is insufficient to avail itself in any court of law except a Muslim Sharia court under Koranic law. Until Russia adopts Sharia law under the Koran, it is doubtful that Professor Igor Panarin's claim would be sustained by court in the West. Additionally, there is no mention of a time period nor a lease in the original treaty document in which Russia ceded the territory to the United States.
                              Unbelievable!

Comment

Originally posted by Darius871

I got a laugh out of the Alaska Purchase wiki; that's not the first time that nut argued that it was only meant to be a lease, which is a pointless argument since their decades of acquiescence would have left title to the adverse possessor anyway:
                                Hostility might be an issue.
                                Solomwi is very wise. - Imran Siddiqui

Comment

Working...
                                X