Newt Gingrich: Let's End Adolescence

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by gribbler View Post
    I really don't like this idea. I don't want a president who thinks the biggest problem faced by 13-year-olds is that they don't have jobs. Oh, and their lack of earned income is responsible for a meth epidemic? And making them learn more slowly than the Indians and Chinese?
    The people most likely to do drugs, of any age, are those without something meaningful to do with their lives. For a lot of teens (not all, certainly) school is in no way meaningful to them. So the get bored, and frustrated, and drugs become more appealing. Give them something meaningful to do with their time and they'll focus on that, not drugs. Same as anyone.
    Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

Originally posted by Heraclitus View Post
      Think for 60 seconds measured by a physical clock why this might be acceptable in say Finland but wouldn't be possible in the US.
      Let me guess: colored people!
      <p style="font-size:1024px">HTML is disabled in signatures </p>

Comment

I agree with Newt

Lets imagine you lived two centuries ago and your father was shoemaker

During your childhood you would help your father at work, by age 14 you would be as good of a shoemaker as your father, by age 16 you would be working, and probably married and having sex many times every week with your wife. Basically an adult.

I agree with Newt basically on adolescence being an innovation and not something natural. In fact if I recall correctly, women are ment biologically to have babies as teenagers, as in, at that age their offspring ends up healthier, taller, smarter etc, and not in the 30s and nowadays it is so common.
        I need a foot massage

Comment

The issue is one of finance.

JM
          Jon Miller-
          I AM.CANADIAN
          GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

Education is failing, lots of adults are poor parents, so lets remove education, let the business take kids over and teach them

Welcome to 30 year life spans like in the middle ages, I'd throw in slavery too, so that we know who is the boss. Newt
            Socrates: "Good is That at which all things aim, If one knows what the good is, one will always do what is good." Brian: "Romanes eunt domus"
            GW 2013: "and juistin bieber is gay with me and we have 10 kids we live in u.s.a in the white house with obama"

Comment

Working...
            X