Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do You Think Outlaws Profession Will Rise?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do You Think Outlaws Profession Will Rise?

That may be the next wave in hiring career choices.
    I don't know if you've noticed, but a lot of people are losing their jobs.
    They can't really become bandits. People that don't have jobs don't make very good targets. Murder? What, are you going to kill someoene for not having a job? Maybe a divorcee that her husband isn't paying child support? He's probably unemployed.
    Rob rich people? I guess that's a possibility, but what do you do, get in a line to rob them?
    Rob banks? I can see that one. Go in to a rob a bank and pass a banker on the way to hanging a sign, "This Branch Is Closed".
    This could be tough. Sure mathameticians like KH are safe. The world can never have too many mathameticians. What about the rest of us?
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
    "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
    He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

It's the end of the world as we know it and I feel fine.
    Long time member @ Apolyton
    Civilization player since the dawn of time

Comment

Masked vigilantes.
      I've allways wanted to play "Russ Meyer's Civilization"

Comment

Originally posted by Tattila the Hun
        Masked vigilantes.

Oohhh - there masks involved?

Where do I sign up?
        I don't know why he saved my life. Maybe in those last moments he loved life more than he ever had before. Not just his life - anybody's life, my life. All he'd wanted were the same answers the rest of us want. Where did I come from? Where am I going? How long have I got? All I could do was sit there and watch him die.

Comment

Just committ petty crimes and wait for the return of chain gangs. Steady employment in the great outdoors.
          If you don't like reality, change it! me
          "Oh no! I am bested!" Drake
          "it is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong" Voltaire
          "Patriotism is a pernecious, psychopathic form of idiocy" George Bernard Shaw

Comment

Some of our most notorious criminals were during the Great Depression: Bonnie & Clyde, John Dillinger, Lucky Luciano, Pretty Boy Floyd.

While this is not a great depression that we heading into, it'll probably be a pretty good one. So pull out the Tommy guns and let's rob some banks, some stores and maybe even Fort Knox.

By "let's" I mean "you guys." I am of course a law-abiding citizen and would never resort to crime.

Comment

This will henceforth be known as "The Pretty Good Depression."
              Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
              RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

Re: Do You Think Outlaws Profession Will Rise?

Originally posted by SlowwHand
                Sure mathameticians like KH are safe. The world can never have too many mathameticians. What about the rest of us?
                Isn't KH a physicist?
                Modern man calls walking more quickly in the same direction down the same road “change.”
                The world, in the last three hundred years, has not changed except in that sense.
                The simple suggestion of a true change scandalizes and terrifies modern man. -Nicolás Gómez Dávila

Comment

In Argentina we went from no unemployment to 18% unemployment in 1995 after the Tequila crisis, and 25% unemployment in 2001-2002 after the argentina financial crisis, all those years from 1995 to 2001 the unemployment was well over 10%.
                  That really changed the mindset of people in a dark way, people would go to college thinking I might become an architect but end up driving a taxi.

The consequences were the sudden growth of a belt of shanty towns brazilian style around big cities, the weakening of unions, and city majors becoming much more powerful because they were the responsible ones for giving help (food, matresses, money) to the new poor.
                  Obviously, criminality became much more serious.

Off course, that won't happen in the USA because it is the most powerful and wealthy country in the world, not a third world country. And most likely this crisis won't be sos erious and in a year and a half the economy may be growing again.

But I think that Unions will get weaker there too, for example if you can make it common sense that they are guilty for ruining GM, and you will see more help for the poor from the state, like that stamps things you have. And more crime too.
                  I need a foot massage

Comment

Why can't people just join the Crips or MS-13? I'll bet they're hiring.
                    "I say shoot'em all and let God sort it out in the end!

Comment

Deal drugs. The normal person doesn't need a ton of money to live, you can do it part time while you wait out the recession/depression. You may even get to go to prison where you get free food and a warm bed, guaranteed.

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Strangelove
                        Why can't people just join the Crips or MS-13? I'll bet they're hiring.
                        So is the Obama administration.

Comment

Same thing.
                          Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                          "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                          He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Obama's people refused to hire me when I wouldn't get the tattoo.
                            Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                            RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

Working...
                            X