Do you conform to stereotypes?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do you conform to stereotypes?

A letter to this month's National Geographic reads in part, "The article left one with the impression that every Muscovite is either a drunk or a billionaire drunk." My first reaction was, "wait, you mean they aren't?" My second reaction was to halfheartedly scold myself for my first reaction. My third reaction was to counter my second reaction with the argument that, after all, I don't know for certain.

So: do you conform to stereotypes? If French, are you a rude, arrogant douchebag? If Russian, do you drink a fifth of vodka for breakfast? If German, are you motivated by the twin desires of conquest and efficiency? If gay, do you love showtunes? If white, do you have no rhythm? Etc...
    1011 1100
    Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Yeeeeeeeeeeeeth.
    Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

I defy all stereotypes.
      Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

Originally posted by OzzyKP
        I defy all stereotypes.
        Figures you'd say that.
        Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

I'm unaware of any stereotype as relates to me.
            Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
            "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
            He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Re: Do you conform to stereotypes?

Originally posted by Elok
              If German, are you motivated by the twin desires of conquest and efficiency?
              Absolutely
              Blah

Comment

Originally posted by SlowwHand
                Unawareness would be one of them, yes. Good job.
                Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

Originally posted by SlowwHand
                  You're a Texan!

I'm a Californian and Californians would approach this thread for an astrological viewpoint. I'm a darn good Capricorn, in that I age backwards -- as a child, I was very wise and mature, but the older I get, the more childlike I become. My moon is in Aries, and Aries are the children of the Zodiac. Because the moon controls emotions, I am emotionally very simple.

Comment

I conform to my own stereotypes of myself. I doubt I conform to anyone elses stereotype of me.
                    If you don't like reality, change it! me
                    "Oh no! I am bested!" Drake
                    "it is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong" Voltaire
                    "Patriotism is a pernecious, psychopathic form of idiocy" George Bernard Shaw

Comment

Originally posted by GePap
                      I conform to my own stereotypes of myself. I doubt I conform to anyone elses stereotype of me.
                      Do you eat tacos?
                      Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

I eat whatever tastes good.
                        If you don't like reality, change it! me
                        "Oh no! I am bested!" Drake
                        "it is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong" Voltaire
                        "Patriotism is a pernecious, psychopathic form of idiocy" George Bernard Shaw

Comment

It's true. I cannot dance.
                          Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

I have not blown anyone up (or blown anyone, for that matter), so no.

Though I do tend to be an ass sometimes (regardless of weird prior perceptions of me a while ago on this site), so that can cover the Jersey aspect.
                            “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                            - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Originally posted by OzzyKP
                              I defy all stereotypes.
                              ditto for me

Comment

Working...
                              X