No announcement yet.

A question for parents

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If it were a disease of some kind, I think a strict quarantine would be generally acceptable.
    Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

Originally posted by OzzyKP
      The Good Son. Never saw Underworld.
      I'll never forget toward the end of The Good Son where the mother had to make a horrible choice . . .
      A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

We see people sticking to their family when their family is monsters all the time.

(husbands/wives/children/etc)

JM
        Jon Miller-
        I AM.CANADIAN
        GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

Originally posted by MrFun

I'll never forget toward the end of The Good Son where the mother had to make a horrible choice . . .
          Seriously. Great movie.
          Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

The Omen ? Parent tried to kill the son in that.
            Learn to overcome the crass demands of flesh and bone, for they warp the matrix through which we perceive the world. Extend your awareness outward, beyond the self of body, to embrace the self of group and the self of humanity. The goals of the group and the greater race are transcendant, and to embrace them is to acheive enlightenment.

Comment

Originally posted by Lazerus
              The Omen ? Parent tried to kill the son in that.
              I was just about to bring that one up until I got to that post. It's a particularly good example IMO, because Gregory Peck did both fatherlyness and decency so well.

Comment

Oh, and in the resonse to the poll, I have 3 kids, and I find it unanswerable. One would have to be actually in the situation to know.

It reminds me of a nightmare I had: there has been a nuclear blast, I know that we're all going to die a horrible death from radiation poisoning. My question: do I kill them while I am still able to prevent their horrible suffering, or do we all die the long, painful way?

Comment

That choice was in the recent adaptation of The Mist, good film if you haven't seen it.
                  Learn to overcome the crass demands of flesh and bone, for they warp the matrix through which we perceive the world. Extend your awareness outward, beyond the self of body, to embrace the self of group and the self of humanity. The goals of the group and the greater race are transcendant, and to embrace them is to acheive enlightenment.

Comment

Working...
                  X