X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Boris Godunov

And executions

agreed
    A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

I knew a guy that did 25 years at Leavenworth for selling coke to an undercover OSI (Office of Special Investigations). The military doesn't take crime real well.
      A murderer would need to pay a much stiffer price.
      Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
      "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
      He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Do soldiers get a lighter sentence though if they simply bash a ****** to death?
        A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

Originally posted by MrFun
          Do soldiers get a lighter sentence though if they simply bash a ****** to death?
          Since gays aren't allowed in the military, if they are on the base, they are spies and must be destroyed.

ACK!
          Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

Originally posted by Patroklos

Firing squads in the military are usually for honorable executions like captured foriegn spies, while dishonorable ones use hanging.

Exceptions abound of course.
            This statement surprised me a lot, so I went to wiki:

The method is also the supreme punishment or disciplinary means employed by courts martial for crimes such as cowardice, desertion or mutiny.

I'm not sure cowardice, desertion or mutiny qualify for 'honorable'.
            Firing squad IS NOT honorable at all.
            The books that the world calls immoral are the books that show the world its own shame. Oscar Wilde.

Comment

I'd suppose, if it's dis-honorable, they don't aim that well?

And... Twenty years? Took them long enough. Why, when I was still watching Jag on tv, convictions took way shorter. And the trials were more entertaining. (Mostly because of certain USMC Major. )
              I've allways wanted to play "Russ Meyer's Civilization"

Comment

Originally posted by KrazyHorse
                Firing squads are comprised of 5-8 highly trained marksmen with rifles at a distance of ~25 feet aiming at a paper target pinned over your heart.

If they miss the heart at that distance they deserve to be shot themselves.
                I suppose I was letting the infamous Tosca Firing Squad incident at the San Francisco Opera color my perceptions of their overall accuracy.
                Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

He went through civilian court, too. Tried it all.
                  Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                  "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                  He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Originally posted by Nikolai
                    Lethal injection? It's no proper military execution without a Nukular weapon
                    Gaius Mucius Scaevola Sinistra
                    Japher: "crap, did I just post in this thread?"
                    "Bloody hell, Lefty.....number one in my list of persons I have no intention of annoying, ever." Bugs ****ing Bunny
                    From a 6th grader who readily adpated to internet culture: "Pay attention now, because your opinions suck"

Comment

Originally posted by Tattila the Hun
                      And... Twenty years? Took them long enough. Why, when I was still watching Jag on tv, convictions took way shorter. And the trials were more entertaining. (Mostly because of certain USMC Major. )
                      His appeals lasted until 1993. A peace-time court-martial death sentence requires presidencial approval. Since Clinton was president at that time, he got an eight year stay of execution. No idea why Bush didn't approve the sentence until this past July.
                      "The greatest happiness of life is the conviction that we are loved - loved for ourselves, or rather, loved in spite of ourselves."--Victor Hugo

Comment

Working...
                      X