Fraud.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fraud.

A branch of my company in California that I'm auditing as tried to commit a bit of fraud by altering an employment document after I had already scored it as deficient on their review. I just left a message with the regional manager to discuss appropriate retrib... accountability measures.

I have to say, I'm surprised at how delighted I am over this turn of events. The branch has been a huge pain in my ass during this audit, faxing me the same thing multiple times that don't include what I actually need, calling me repeatedly about stupid bull****, etc.

So how have people tried to pull one over on you, and how have you been able to make them miserable as a result?
    Tutto nel mondo è burla

Michael Scott

----

I never delete an email, I always archive to local disk. At Lehman I had a 2 10GB Outlook PST archives after 2 years.

It always came in handy because the business users would ***** when the software was implemented per their original specs, saying they asked for something else. Keeping email chains from a year ago go a long way to showing them they're liars.
    "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
    Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

You worked at Lehman? Suddenly it all comes clear.
      Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
      I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
      Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

Originally posted by Nikolai
        You worked at Lehman? Suddenly it all comes clear.
        I worked for Lehman. And Washington Mutual.

Don't **** with me.

Both companies imploded very shortly after I left them.
        "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

Next time, don't screw them that bad while leaving. We others would like our economy somewhat healthy.
          Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
          I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
          Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

Originally posted by Asher
            Michael Scott

----

I never delete an email, I always archive to local disk. At Lehman I had a 2 10GB Outlook PST archives after 2 years.

It always came in handy because the business users would ***** when the software was implemented per their original specs, saying they asked for something else. Keeping email chains from a year ago go a long way to showing them they're liars.
            Asher, smart that you are (we all know this even if people wont admit it )

I have all RFI's and all letters and such saved from 15 years of managment

I saved the old works db from earlier PC's (WIN95)

A few times something that should have but did not go away is questioned and it is nice to have a trail to follow or play Tag your It!

Keep up great work Boris
            Hi, I'm RAH and I'm a Benaholic.-rah

Comment

Michael Scott
              I think I'm dealing with his feminine equivalent, yes.

To give an idea of how stupid this was, the issue was an I-9 form. It requires dating in 3 places--once by the person being hired, twice by the person hiring. The two dates at the bottom were completely missing from the copy first sent to me, meaning it's invalid. After I sent the audit scoring to the branch, the manager e-mailed me that she didn't understand what was wrong with the I-9, it appeared correct to her, and then faxed it to me today with the dates at the bottom suddenly there.

Does she think the first copy she sent to me self-destructed upon review?
              Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

You are your own attorneys' worst nightmare.
                I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

Originally posted by DanS

When you are never wrong, there's nothing to hide.

Comment

Originally posted by DanS

QFT
                    Unbelievable!

Comment

I have all emails saved, both incoming and outgoing, since I started with the company in 2004. But even if I didn't, my understanding is that a reasonably competent techie could fish all emails from the company servers anyway.
                      Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

If they're purged from the email system, wouldn't their locations on the hard drives be overwritten? Granted it's not like a DoD or Gutmann multiple-overwrite, so a really good forensic technician could probably dig up what was previously stored, but how would they even know where to look in the first place?
                        Unbelievable!

Comment

When you are never wrong, there's nothing to hide.
                          You are dead meat Asher

The fact that you can present a "full" history just means that you are hiding something sinister.
                          With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

Originally posted by BlackCat

You are dead meat Asher

The fact that you can present a "full" history just means that you are hiding something sinister.
                            It's the first rule of dealing with fickle clients. You track all of your correspondence in writing, and you ensure what you deliver meets what was agreed in the correspondence. It's happened MANY times that the users/business try to get my firm to re-do something because it's "not what they wanted", and then when you fish up the email chain that illustrate it's exactly what they wanted, they don't get "free" work out of us. If they want changes, they pay for it.

It's overwhelmingly a positive thing to do when dealing with people you know try to screw you.

Comment

Yeah, it's quite right when it's about dealing with customers - can actually be quite entertaining if you can resist the urge to

What worries me for you is your involvment with the global economic chash - they need scapegoats
                              With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

Working...
                              X