Remind me not to fly Air Canada

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Remind me not to fly Air Canada

An air hostess helped land a jet carrying 146 passengers after the co-pilot had an apparent mental breakdown over the Atlantic Ocean, investigators revealed today.

How common are mental breakdowns anyways. You hear about them, but I have yet to see a person experience one. and aren't pilots screened for this sort of thing? Especially after that Egyptian guy drove a jetliner packed full of passengers into the ground. And the pilot had wrist injuries? This story seems really strange. I can't help but wonder what kind of orgy they were having up there.

to the stewardess. err I mean flight attendent.

edit: oh I see it was an attendent with wrist injuries not the pilot. Can't those things be landed with one person anyways?

The service on Air Canada is terrible in general, especially compared to their non-unionized competitors.

But their planes are very nice and modern:

Touchscreen audio/video on demand

And yes, they could technically be landed with 1 person but it is not a good idea. Sometimes you need the extra hands to flip switches out of reach.
    "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
    Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Also, typically Air Canada has 1 anglo and 1 franco pilot due to bilingual laws and regulations.

I'm willing to bet it was the frenchie who went ape****.
      "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
      Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Working...
      X