This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Solution to US economic woes: Bust the autoworker union

I'd like to see somebody try to tell me with a straight face the unions are not the main reason the big 3 autoworkers are uncompetitive and bloated. Especially given the recent news on how they refuse to make concessions.

Bust them.
    "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
    Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Busting the union will have little effect on their crippling pension and healthcare liabilities, and they've already cut benefits for newer workers.

Comment

Cuz the Japanese, German, French, etc. automakers don't have unions. The problem with the Big Three is they are led by complete morons.
      Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

Originally posted by Comrade Snuggles
        Cuz the Japanese, German, French, etc. automakers don't have unions. The problem with the Big Three is they are led by complete morons.
        Do you seriously not know that Toyota and Honda and Nissan (and probably the other Japanese ones) do not have unions?

Do you wonder why they're far more efficient and competititve?
        "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
        Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

2 threads ... and don't we already have a thread on this anyway
          <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
          I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

Originally posted by Whoha
            Busting the union will have little effect on their crippling pension and healthcare liabilities, and they've already cut benefits for newer workers.
            A good judge could do wonders with their contract. Having to pay thousands of workers even when they're not working is just plain silly.
            It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
            RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Working...
            X