Are you a carni-wimp?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Boris Godunov
    I'm a vegetarian not because I love animals, but because I hate vegetables.

Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
    "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
    He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Veggie for about 7-8 years now. I can't even remember. The lack of protein is damaging my memory
      "An archaeologist is the best husband a women can have; the older she gets, the more interested he is in her." - Agatha Christie
      "Non mortem timemus, sed cogitationem mortis." - Seneca

Comment

Originally posted by GePap
        Personally, I hate the consistency of beef liver, so I don't eat it. The idea of eating the body's toxic waste dump doesn't do anything for me either.

I have had sweatbreads twice - once it was really good, once it wasn't. Heart is okay, never have had lungs or kidneys. Had calves brains once, and it was actually not bad - the consistency was very different from what I expected. If done right, tripe is good. I like sucking the marrow out of bones. I have had polish duck blood soup, and it was fine. I have had many types of blood sausage, and the Spanish version (as in, from Spain) is the best; pork meat, pork blood, spices, no fillers. The polish version was more of a goop.
        Respectometer
        "An archaeologist is the best husband a women can have; the older she gets, the more interested he is in her." - Agatha Christie

Comment

Sweatbreads? I'm picturing a dangerously obese baker dripping onto the dough he is kneading...
          Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

Originally posted by Traianvs

Respectometer
            Whatever

I might be neither omniscient nor omnipotent, but I am proudly omnivorous
            If you don't like reality, change it! me
            "Oh no! I am bested!" Drake
            "it is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong" Voltaire
            "Patriotism is a pernecious, psychopathic form of idiocy" George Bernard Shaw

Comment

Ick, this thread is making me consider vegetarianism...

My GF is in South Africa right now, and she said she just tried tripe. She said it smelled like "garbage and poop".

*shudder*

Btw, does eating hot dogs and other processed meats count? If so, I bet I consume all the above quite often.
              Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

If you consume pig testicles but don't recognize that it's pig testicle (i.e., hotdogs), then no, it doesn't count.
                Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

Given how strongly flavored most internal organs are, I seriously doubt that most hot dogs have that much filler based on organ meats. More likely, little cuts of meat and lots of fat. Though of course, natural casing hot dogs are encased in intestines.

Comment

Originally posted by Boris Godunov
                    If you consume pig testicles but don't recognize that it's pig testicle (i.e., hotdogs), then no, it doesn't count.
                    Hehe. We all know McDonalds processes organs and other garbage in its McGiant and similar abominations

Comment

The only pork product on McDonald's menu is bacon, which we all know has nothing to do with organ meats.

And no, I seriously doubt their beef has any organ meat in it, again, because it is very strong tasting. You can;t really hide it.

Comment

I yield. I'm a vegetarian so I wouldn't know. But all my meat eating friends joke about the junk that is McDonalds, genre "Hey Olivier we're eating McDonalds, care to tag along? After all it's not real meat you know, merely some derivate of some sorts, so don't worry!".

But I'm not falling for it. My beliefs are unswirving. yessir.

Comment

Aslong as it's cooked well I'd likely try any of those, except maybe the balls, I figure I'd likely get massive sympathy pains each time I bite down.... I'm clutching my crotch now imagining it
                          Learn to overcome the crass demands of flesh and bone, for they warp the matrix through which we perceive the world. Extend your awareness outward, beyond the self of body, to embrace the self of group and the self of humanity. The goals of the group and the greater race are transcendant, and to embrace them is to acheive enlightenment.

Comment

As far as I can remember, only beef testicles have any real size to them. In the US Rocky Mountains and the surrounding areas, beef testicles often are called "Rocky Mountain oysters." This relates to how they are prepared and sort of semi-disguises what you are really eating. I remember them as having a decently close to beef flavor, but a bit stronger. There are said to be macho rituals related to their consumption, but although I grew up in those mountains, I never actually saw any such rituals.
                            No matter where you go, there you are. - Buckaroo Banzai
                            "I played it [Civilization] for three months and then realised I hadn't done any work. In the end, I had to delete all the saved files and smash the CD." Iain Banks, author

Comment

Originally posted by GePap
                              The only pork product on McDonald's menu is bacon, which we all know has nothing to do with organ meats.

And no, I seriously doubt their beef has any organ meat in it, again, because it is very strong tasting. You can;t really hide it.
                              McDonald's has breakfast sausage, as well. I'm guessing that's pork...
                              Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

Forgot that - yeah, that is most likely pork as well.

Comment

Working...
                                X