Are you a carni-wimp?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are you a carni-wimp?

So, given all the talk about eating animals, the question for this thread is just how finicky as animal eaters are we?

Are you the sort that only eats the flesh, too scared to eat organs, marrow, or blood products?

Do you eat any part of the animal if cooked right?

Or do you inhabit a happy medium?
    Flesh
    0%
    Skin/fat
    0%
    Liver
    0%
    Stomach and Intestinal linning
    0%
    Heart
    0%
    Blood or marrow
    0%
    Other major organs (kidneys/brains/lungs)
    0%
    Glands (pancreas)
    0%
    Reproductive organs
    0%
    The Bananas
    0%
    If you don't like reality, change it! me
    "Oh no! I am bested!" Drake
    "it is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong" Voltaire
    "Patriotism is a pernecious, psychopathic form of idiocy" George Bernard Shaw

The milk?

JM
    Jon Miller-
    I AM.CANADIAN
    GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

I've had pancreas, wasn't impressed. Chicken livers and gizzards are yummy when cooked right. Didn't care for the blood sausage. Chicken skin is yummy when baked or fried. Pork rinds are useful, I grind them up and use them as low-carb bread crumbs. Missed the vote for pancreas. I'm going to try steak and kidney pie one day.
      Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

All but the glands are fine with me. Like all the rest of you, I am an omnivore capable of eating meat and veggies as well as fruit and nuts. In the case of pigs, almost everything named is contained in products popular at your local supermarket. I hesitate on the glands because some products internal to same interfere with some of our own glandular and hormonal outputs. If I know what the effects are, I can judge. But often I am uncertain.
        No matter where you go, there you are. - Buckaroo Banzai
        "I played it [Civilization] for three months and then realised I hadn't done any work. In the end, I had to delete all the saved files and smash the CD." Iain Banks, author

Comment

I'm a mega-carni-wimp. The more unrecognisable, the better, basically.

Comment

I won't eat most of the above-listed organs for safety reasons (Brains, in particular, are very risky due to Creutzfeld-Jakobs; some of the other internal organs also have higher risk involved in eating them) or taste reasons (things like the pancreas just don't taste very good). For the same reason I'd prefer eating the breast of a chicken to the leg, or eating the rib of a cow to its flank...
            <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
            I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

It all depends on how hungry I am really. Obviously if I were stranded on a desert island for two weeks, tendons and testicles would look like filet mignon, so my answer's all of the above.
              Unbelievable!

Comment

Originally posted by snoopy369
                I won't eat most of the above-listed organs for safety reasons (Brains, in particular, are very risky due to Creutzfeld-Jakobs; some of the other internal organs also have higher risk involved in eating them) or taste reasons (things like the pancreas just don't taste very good). For the same reason I'd prefer eating the breast of a chicken to the leg, or eating the rib of a cow to its flank...
                So eat pork brains.
                Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

Originally posted by Comrade Snuggles
                  So eat pork brains.
                  Or monkey brains, considered a great delicacy across the equatorial world.
                  No matter where you go, there you are. - Buckaroo Banzai
                  "I played it [Civilization] for three months and then realised I hadn't done any work. In the end, I had to delete all the saved files and smash the CD." Iain Banks, author

Comment

I haven't had a pancreas in my life yet, so I can't say. I tasted bull testicles once but didn't like it. I think eating them is part of a macho ritual. Voted for all other things - as you've said "if cooked right".
                    "The world is too small in Vorarlberg". Austrian ex-vice-chancellor Hubert Gorbach in a letter to Alistar [sic] Darling, looking for a job...
                    "Let me break this down for you, fresh from algebra II. A 95% chance to win 5 times means a (95*5) chance to win = 475% chance to win." Wiglaf, Court jester or hayseed, you judge.

Comment

Personally, I hate the consistency of beef liver, so I don't eat it. The idea of eating the body's toxic waste dump doesn't do anything for me either.

I have had sweatbreads twice - once it was really good, once it wasn't. Heart is okay, never have had lungs or kidneys. Had calves brains once, and it was actually not bad - the consistency was very different from what I expected. If done right, tripe is good. I like sucking the marrow out of bones. I have had polish duck blood soup, and it was fine. I have had many types of blood sausage, and the Spanish version (as in, from Spain) is the best; pork meat, pork blood, spices, no fillers. The polish version was more of a goop.
                      If you don't like reality, change it! me
                      "Oh no! I am bested!" Drake
                      "it is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong" Voltaire
                      "Patriotism is a pernecious, psychopathic form of idiocy" George Bernard Shaw

Comment

I'm not eating any of that crap.
                        Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                        "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                        He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Flesh.
                          Liver. No one else in my family likes liver, so I don't get it often.
                          Heart. The heart would be solely venison heart, as I like no other.
                          I am on a mission to see how much coffee it takes to actually achieve time travel.

Comment

I eat meat. Nothing different, it'd be yucky.

Comment

I'm a vegetarian not because I love animals, but because I hate vegetables.
                              Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

Working...
                              X