Do I eat too many eggs?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do I eat too many eggs?

I eat on average a bit more than one egg a day. I mostly eat them fried, though soft boiled are delicius as well. I'm also partial to omelettes.

So, should I eat more or less of them?
    Modern man calls walking more quickly in the same direction down the same road “change.”
    The world, in the last three hundred years, has not changed except in that sense.
    The simple suggestion of a true change scandalizes and terrifies modern man. -Nicolás Gómez Dávila

I've heard that 3-4 egg breakfasts a week (1 or 2 eggs each) is ok, but more can cause elevated cholesterol.
    Have your cholesterol level checked. If it's elevated, you might have to chose between fewer egg breakfasts or a cholesterol-reducing drug.
    I take Crestor with no side effects. Some can cause annoying muscle aches, but there's no way to know without trying them.
    Continue to have your cholesterol checked every 6-8 months, if for no other reason than basic health maintenance.
    Bon appétit!
    I am on a mission to see how much coffee it takes to actually achieve time travel.

Comment

I can't eat more than one egg without getting nauseous.
      "

Comment

More - hope you eat some "domace" eggs & go to Triglav, Skrlatica i Skuta a few times a year and all cholesterol will be clensed
        Socrates: "Good is That at which all things aim, If one knows what the good is, one will always do what is good." Brian: "Romanes eunt domus"
        GW 2013: "and juistin bieber is gay with me and we have 10 kids we live in u.s.a in the white house with obama"

Comment

Originally posted by OneFootInTheGrave
          More - hope you eat some "domace" eggs & go to Triglav, Skrlatica i Skuta a few times a year and all cholesterol will be clensed
          Ja nekaj je "domaèih", veèino pa dobim od najboljšega soseda- merkatorja.
          Modern man calls walking more quickly in the same direction down the same road “change.”
          The world, in the last three hundred years, has not changed except in that sense.
          The simple suggestion of a true change scandalizes and terrifies modern man. -Nicolás Gómez Dávila

Comment

If you stick to 100% egg whites it's impossible to eat too many. Just straight protein.
            Unbelievable!

Comment

I eat the fetus too, because it's delicious and I don't like to waste food.
              12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
              Stadtluft Macht Frei
              Killing it is the new killing it
              Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

No. I have 8-9 per week. So if you eat too many, so do I.
                Once you start down the dark path, forever will it dominate your destiny, consume you it will, as it did Obi Wan's apprentice.

Comment

Working...
                X