Where is that Lithaunian?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where is that Lithaunian?

I for one would like to hear from Saras about this.

Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

I know I'm on pins and needles.
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
    "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
    He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Oerdin's knowledge of geography
      Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
      I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

It says Parex had been partially nationalised there. Maybe it will stop laundering money on an industrial scale now?
        Btw, there's a branch of Parex here in Munich.
        Graffiti in a public toilet
        Do not require skill or wit
        Among the **** we all are poets
        Among the poets we are ****.

Comment

****, SEB is the bank where I have my house loans. It did OK in the last quarter, though. But I don't want my bank to make too much money, just enough to barely keep it's nose above water.
          So get your Naomi Klein books and move it or I'll seriously bash your faces in! - Supercitizen to stupid students
          Be kind to the nerdiest guy in school. He will be your boss when you've grown up!

Comment

Originally posted by Solver
            Oerdin's knowledge of geography
            I figure the baltic states are small enough that any old balt will do.

Comment

Maybe if Lithuanian banks collapse as well

Comment

No **** balt boy. I know where all three are but since Saras works in the financial sector and you baltic states are tiny as can be I figure his info will do just fine. I'll call you when I want to know about geeky forum software.

Comment

Surely you must have heard that you can never rely on info coming from a Lithuanian?

Comment

Fine, since the Lithuanian isn't here I'll give the Latvian a chance. Tell us what's going on.

Comment

Ask the Lithuanian

Seriously, though, the article sums the situation up fine. The economy here hasn't been great last year and this year but recently it seemed like it was recovering. Dropping inflation rate, talk about the serious threat of a crisis due to devaluation passed and all that, but then the big crisis hit. Last month Hansabanka was taken over by the Swedes and became Swedbank amongst rumours of financial trouble there and now the nationalization of Parex came as a big surprise. I can confirm people actively withdrawing their money. Liquidity numbers for banks have dropped, though they're still within acceptable range for other banks. Inflation is still easily the highest in the EU.

Next Tuesday is the country's 90th anniversary, so there are preparations for celebrations all over the place now, which is kinda weird since the news are quite pessimistic these days.

Comment

Ask the Lithuanian

Seriously, though, the article sums the situation up fine. The economy here hasn't been great last year and this year but recently it seemed like it was recovering. Dropping inflation rate, talk about the serious threat of a crisis due to devaluation passed and all that, but then the big crisis hit. Last month Hansabanka was taken over by the Swedes and became Swedbank amongst rumours of financial trouble there and now the nationalization of Parex came as a big surprise. I can confirm people actively withdrawing their money. Liquidity numbers for banks have dropped, though they're still within acceptable range for other banks. Inflation is still easily the highest in the EU.

Next Tuesday is the country's 90th anniversary, so there are preparations for celebrations all over the place now, which is kinda weird since the news are quite pessimistic these days.
                        Hansa was taken over by Swedbank in 1999 genius, they just did away with Hansabank brand this year, and replaced it with that horrid Swedbank name.

re: OP - Latvia is fvked up now. We're next, I guess, unless the financial sector and the economy improve now. Which they won't.
                        Originally posted by Serb:Please, remind me, how exactly and when exactly, Russia bullied its neighbors?
                        Originally posted by Ted Striker:Go Serb !
                        Originally posted by Pekka:If it was possible to capture the essentials of Sepultura in a dildo, I'd attach it to a bicycle and ride it up your azzes.

Comment

Ask the Lithuanian

90th anniversary? So you're just ignoring the half century plus of Soviet rule? Typical!

Comment

Originally posted by Oerdin

90th anniversary? So you're just ignoring the half century plus of Soviet rule? Typical!
                            They're not. Until 1918 they were a part of Russia, and after that they enjoyed a brief period of independence. Then we came back and restored the order.
                            Graffiti in a public toilet
                            Do not require skill or wit
                            Among the **** we all are poets
                            Among the poets we are ****.

Comment

Yeah, if we count actual independence, that's 1918-1940 and then from 1991 on. Gotta tell the Soviets to shove it all up their exhausts

Comment

Working...
                              X